𝟏𝟐: 𝐏𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐁𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤

CHAPTER 12.

MYLES.

"I never thought I would look forward to going to prison." Echo joked. After educating the group on the whereabouts of the prison, the group left immediately. It left many of them wondering how much effort it would take to clear out of an isolated prison? How many lives would they spare just for safety?

"You've never been to prison..." Myles stated, ducking beneath a large branch. He stalked the tracks, making sure Carl and Breanne were in his sight. Myles was easily troubled by not having his daughter within his sight. Even after hearing about how Carl and Breanne toured a small part of the forest and ran into trouble and fended for selves. Until Echo, Daryl, and Maggie arrived in time.

He had a difficult time allowing his daughter to adapt to this world. Hannah dedicated most of her time to either rest or continue Breanne's schooling. With every intention, he perceived the next generation always came out stronger. And that's what he needed his daughter to do is to stay strong, not physically, but mentally.

In a way, even though Carl wasn't the best influence on Breanne, he knew they were becoming thick as thieves. And having someone watching his daughter's back relieved him. Small rays of sunshine peered through the thick branches that saluted the sky, above the train tracks.

Myles approached the fence, alongside Rick and Echo. The group kept a fair distance behind the three. Rick began to clip the fence with a pair of bolt cutters.

"Stay close, have each other's backs." He heard his sister suggest. Myles drew his machete and ducked beneath the hole in the fence, passing through onto the other side. His presence caused an exceeding amount of attention. 

Walkers began to pile in small groups up against the fence, within the Prison yard. Glenn pinned a walker to the fence with a garden tool, and Maggie smashed the back of the hammer into the walker's head. Daryl, and T-dog covered the group's back while each of them slipped through the fence.

"Damn that's a lot," Myles mumbled, studying the yard that was filled with walkers. To think that the prison could have been the safest place for the convicts and prisoners? It was isolated out in the middle of nowhere and perceiving how the virus managed to get within the prison remained a conundrum to him. His eyes followed the driveway that led to the second gate where the prison's front entrance was. There was a massive group of walkers roaming around.

If they were going to take the yard, they needed to secure the perimeter. Rick ascended the hole in the fence with a role of copper fibre wire. Daryl held the fence together making the task much more simple for Rick. Glenn took over tieing the wire at a higher level on the fence.