16

It was the weekend, but that didn't necessarily mean a break for you. Through text, Ginjirou demanded you to go shopping for a list of materials needed not just for your tutoring sessions, but his as well. Spoiled jerk. A lot of it were randomized junk that were just so extra, and not actually useful. Was this how rich people thought about money? They were willing to throw their cash away so easily, as if others didn't work laboriously for the single stack they may not give a shit about. It pissed you off. If you were living in your previous life, you would have had a heart attack at the resulting total for everything on this bill -- but alas, the [Y/N] in this world was rich as well.

The zeroes on your phone were super daunting though. You had calculated the total after some research done, so that you would prepare yourself for the long day ahead. Sighing, you dropped the phone onto the comforter and walked on over to the closet. For once, you didn't have to wear a school uniform.

Rifling through the clothes, you finally found an outfit that worked. Flared jeans, t-shirt, and a cardigan, it was the least expensive-looking clothes you could find. Quickly changing out of your sweats, your hurriedly threw them on and slung a small handbag containing the money you received from mom. In your opinion, she was a little too eager to hand so much money to you.

Once that was done with, you grabbed your phone once more and stuffed that into the handbag too. Exiting the bedroom and arriving into the living room where the [h/c] haired woman was sipping a cup of tea daintily, you slipped your shoes on.

"Who's that out there?" your mother asked you before you could snag the chance to leave. Her face wasn't angry, nor disappointed at all, for the corners of her lips curved upwards. She nudged her head slightly out the window and your eyes followed her, taking in the white car cooling on the side of the road.

"My friend," you told her, somehow feeling slightly embarrassed and nervous to tell her that. "We're just going shopping for a bit."

She nodded, hues glistening of something undefinable. Was she happy for you? "Have fun out there! Be back home by sundown, okay honey?"

"Of course, mom." Sending her a smile of your own and a nod farewell, you turned the golden knob of the door and stepped out into the sunlight. Climbing down the stairs at the front, you then trailed down the driveway. As you were doing so, you somehow felt like a bride walking down an aisle at her own wedding, slowly and gracefully -- towards something that was either life or death. Yikes... okay, you weren't exactly sure why you were thinking about marriage so suddenly. Mentally slapping yourself out of it, you straightened up and approached the vehicle.

Slipping into the passenger's seat of the car, you looked to your left to see the one and only Eito. Dark strands spilled from his head beautifully in waves, long and silky. He wasn't wearing his usual ponytail, allowing them to frame around his head attractively. He also donned a black turtleneck tucked in blue pants, which encompassed his form a bit too well. Goddammit. He couldn't stop getting any prettier, could he? "Good morning, [Y/N]," he greeted in a friendly manner.

"Good morning." There was a reason why he was to accompany you on this little trip. You decided to have him join you when you heard he could drive and owned a car -- unfortunately enough, you never learned to drive. This was proven to be a hassle, but it would have to do for now. The other reason you had for having him tag along was because it would give you more time to question about the school system and the world's society. He seemed to be knowledgeable of it, despite not being an elite and the perfect tool to gain insight on everything. Were you using him? Perhaps. And guilt continued to twist inside your heart for doing so, but you managed to persuade yourself it was worth it. After all, you liked being his friend nonetheless.