[Authority/Priorities.]

The doctor who was responsible for Wei Wuxian's treatment sorely regretted giving his number to his fiancé.   He had protested against it, as it was not the regular hospital practice, and –  in truth  –  he didn't quite have the time and nerves to deal with this, expecting trouble from day one. But his Chief had hissed the Lan name through gritted teeth, and he immediately understood.

Now the blond brat was calling him a million times per day, at least in the first couple of days. He wasn't allowed in the recovery ward too much  –   it was a post-op hospital policy no one had the right to break, as the patients there were not to be bothered. So, every half an hour, just like clockwork, he would get a text asking questions about how Wei Ying was  –  as if this was his only patient he had to take care of! If he didn't text back  –  Lan Wangji would call. And call. And call.  Until his battery was dead.

He was huffing and puffing. It was almost like he was married again! 

He was fuming, unable to change the situation, cursing the spoilt rich brat in his head, trying to calm his nerves, telling himself that it was going to be just 10 days, texting him back in the end as if he was his own son,  giving him the typical, uninteresting instructions about post-op care that could easily be found online too...

***

After the third day things got a bit better, as the boy was moved to the general ward to recover, and could now have more visitors  –  although the Lan boy was the only one who ever visited. He had insolently insisted that Wei Ying was put in a separate VIP room so that they could have some privacy, saying that he was ready to pay extra for it, but the hospital administration answered tersely that no individual privileges could be applied in such a non-serious situation. 

Lan Wangji, naturally, was on the verge of making a scene, but then reconsidered  –  after all, Wei Ying was in the hands of those awful people  to be taken care of when he was not around. But he was making mental notes, and he was sure that they knew that in the event of anyone slipping even a little bit  –  his family would sue the hospital to hell and back.

So, the bottom line was that everyone was moving on tiptoe around Wei Ying, which, naturally, drove him crazy. He was placed in the same room with two old men, who were just 2-3 days away from getting discharged now, and who liked to secretly smoke and play cards together, bored out of their minds. He tried to talk to them, and be polite and friendly, but after they saw the kisses he and Lan Zhan were sharing constantly, whenever together, the atmosphere in the room changed a lot, and they ignored his questions, frowning and giving him the cold shoulder.

At least now he was allowed his phone again, which was a small consolation, but also  –  another point of irritation for the two grumpy old men, as phones were not allowed in this ward of the  hospital for any patient. Who was this cheeky punk who had such huge privileges?! And how was he allowed visitations a couple of times per day every day?!  It seemed that the nurses and doctors on duty also treated him better! Was he rich? Famous?  It all only provoked grunts and secret whispering, and poisonous looks in his direction.