The day [could've] started ordinary

Demetri POV

I shot awake with a jolt.

"What the fuck was that dream? Subconscious I'm fighting Eli not fucking him what the hell?"

I rest my fingers on the bride of my nose pushing my glasses further up my face. I pick up my phone to check the time and see a bunch of apology messages from Eli. Some even from minutes ago.

Demetri: Eli dipshit it's 2 o clock in the morning what are you doing up?

Eli: Dude I couldn't sleep without apologizing to you and after I did I just couldn't stop messaging you.

5 minutes later

Demetri: fuck that was a lot of words man. Look I know you're sorry obviously about kicking Robby's ass. Not that it wasn't well deserved but you're in miyagi-do now things are a little different.

Eli: fucking fuck I know I know you're right as always. Hey could we maybe talk about what I said after the fight? I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable.

10 minutes later

Demetri: this dyslexia thing is really kicking my ass. Yeah man shoot what did you want to talk about?

I bite my thumbnail, a nervous tic I definitely picked up from Eli. I stare down at my phone screen with a red tint crossing my cheeks.

"What the fuck is he going to talk about? Maybe what he said about loving me? Ok it's obviously that Demetri you dumbass"

Eli: hey wait a minute why are you up anyways?

Demetri: way to avoid the topic at hand but ok

Eli: dude you didn't even answer my question

"Fuck fuck ok shit what do I tell him" I stare down at my phone screen for what seems like hours but was really only about ten minutes.

Eli: Demetri
?
Dude
Hello?

Demetri: sorry hi I died for a second there

Eli: wtf-
Ok-
Are you good man?

Demetri: dude don't call me that like you didn't literally confess your love to me 14 hours ago

Eli: bruh
You just called me dude
So

Demetri: ok and?
Bruh

Eli: stfu don't make fun of me

Demetri: did you mean it?
What you said after the fight with Robby

Eli: yes hoe ofc I meant it I've been in love with you since a long time ig idk
I had the weirdest dream about you the other night
That's what made me realize it

Demetri: what kind of dream?

My head quickly snaps to the side when I hear a tapping on my window. Eli's head pops into the frame and out again. He's jumping up and down trying to be seen.

Short ass.

"Jesus Eli what are you doing here?" I whisper shout as I open the window.

"Well I'm here to tell you about my dream apparently" he whisper shouts while checking his messages.

————————————————————————
Heyyyyyy so sorry I totally forgot I needed to write and just went on hiatus for the entire summer. I actually wrote this in June but I didn't post it because I wanted to add more. Anyways I decided not to and to just give you table scraps 😍🥳🤪🤪😘😘😘
Love you!
Don't forget to comment and vote!!