Your Beauty Never Ever Scared Me

TW: implied child abuse
Mild smut
Dirty talk

Eli POV

"Jesus Eli what are you doing here?" Demetri whisper shouts as he opens the window by his bed.

"Well I'm here to tell you about my dream apparently" I state simply, after checking my messages.

"Now are you going to let me in or what?" I crouch uncomfortably in the window and make a face at him in attempt to tell him to move.

"Oh shit yeah right" Demetri moves over in his bed making room for me and I throw myself on my back where he previously sat.

"So about this dream..." Demetri sat uncomfortably up against his headboard with a pillow in his lap. I turn my head to gaze up at him. He looks nice in the moonlight.

I bite my lip turning my head back to stare at his celling. It's covered in the stars we stuck up there after Demetri had a particularly bad night with his mother.

I still remember it vividly. He wasn't crying. Demetri never cries. But he was still bruised and bleeding. I never understood how he could still put on that perfectly lovely smile after she did that.

He always talked about wanting it to glow at night. How he wanted to see the stars. So i went to the dollar store and bought a pack. I stuck them up there while he slept. He woke me up in the morning covered in glue. He had finished after I passed out around 3 am. Demetri always woke up earlier than I did.

I glance over at him. He's staring at me but he quickly averted his eyes when I caught him. I look up at the celling again. Smiling fondly at the memory of us together.

"What are you smiling about?" Demetri asks me still sitting uncomfortably straight.

I look at him and whisper breathily, "come lay with me and find out" i pat the space next to me.

He comes over and lays real close. So close I can feel his breath. So close our foreheads are almost touching. I shut my eyes, taking him all in.

I open them again to find Demetri staring and me.

"Hi" he whispers out his voice wavering slightly. I stroke his cheek in an attempt to comfort him.

When he flinches away I almost cry. Almost.

After realizing what's happening he leans into my touch and closes his eyes.

"Your beauty never ever scared me. Mary on a. Mary on a cross." I unconsciously sing and he looks up at me through his eyelashes with those big beautiful bug eyes of his.

"Are you serenading me Eli?" He chuckled out softly. In fact everything he did was soft. It feels serine. Safe. I cup his cheek in my hand as tears prick the corners of me eyes threatening to fall down my red flushed cheeks. Shit. Now I really am crying.

Demetris eyes fill with worry and he pulls me close. He holds the hand I have on his face.

"Hey hey is ok shh." He shushes me and strokes the back of my neck comfortingly.

"What's wrong Eli?"

"I'm sorry I just-" I choke out between fits of sobs. Demetri grabs the sides of my face so I have to look at him.

"You never have to apologize for your feelings ok?" He states firmly nodding to make sure I understand. I swallow and nod back.