Ch 8 Running away

Jayden woke up and listened to the rain on the roof. Rain in university blocks are not beautiful as the rain which touched his hometown.
It had been three long years since he left his pack and his family for higher studies.He never had gotten over how he was unmated, how his mate firmly had not shown behind him.

He left the pack after the incidents involving heavenly fire and never set his foot in his town.
His family and friends visited him here in the university. He was reluctant to go back to his own life. University life was an escape for him .

"You awake?" His room mate Grayson was packing the bags to leave the University.
Jayden understood that he is far behind packing up his clothes for the summer vacation. The last vacation in this University.

"I am ,now" Jayden answered while getting up from the bed.

Jayden took his phone and started typing.

"Are you not going back to your home?" Grayson looked grimly at the formal clothes Jayden started gathering.

"No. I am trying for a part time job"
Jayden answered while dressing up for whatever job he is applying.

"Are you serious?" Grayson now stopped packing and was scanning the face of Jayden.
Jayden stood still without answering the question.

" Are you in debt? You need more money to pay student loan or are you a workaholic ?"
Grayson was not really going to quit questioning.

"I needed to move..move away from my town.." Jayden answered absent minded.

"Then come with me"
Grayson's eyes glowed with smile

*************************
"And where are we going??" Jayden assuming they are moving far north now seemed restless in the small plane which is flying over the clouds.

"I thought you needed to get away.. Jade"

"Yeah..but I will be grateful if I could see where we are headed"

All Jaden could see was thick clouds.

**************
He knew plane landed in a small airport. When they get outside Grayson waved at some kids waiting near a car.
The features of those kids are very sharp.Sharp jawline ,sharp chin, sharp ears??
Now he noticed that, Grayson also had these features. Sharp and slim.Shiny eyes and white skintone with shiny hairs.
None of the kids have black hair . He found platinum blonde,ivory and icy cool. The darkest shade was a Strawberry tinted one.
But the eyebrows are black...charcoal black.
They could easily get into modeling industry with such height and hair. Jayden thought.

Without any introduction, Grayson opened the door and invited Jayden to the car.

When the engine roared and hit the highway, Grayson told to a restless Jayden
"If we wait some more time, it may rain"

"Rain during this month??? " Jayden looked abandoned

"Rain is the constant climate here" The kid from the front seat continued.
"Welcome to Forks "
******************

The outline of Hoh Rain Forest was visible to Jayden after a 2 hour long drive.Rain was pouring by now. He knows that he is far from the university and his hometown in Alaska.
He could only understand that they are nearer to river.
Most houses have fishing equipment near there garage. After a sharp turn to left the car entered into a street which ends at the forest. Nearer to the forest ,where the riverside was far visible stood a small house .The wooden house has painted in a ash colour. A lady who resembles Grayson was waiting near the stairs with smile .

"Hey Mom" Grayson greeted her. Kids in the car helped with the luggage and parted with good bye.

Jayden stood there.

"I am Clara Park". Grayson mom introduced.

"I am Jayden from Grayson's University" Jayden was reluctant to share his last name. His last name could tie him to his legacy..an unwanted but unforgettable legacy....