Chapter 6: In and After Rehersals

Once Jake walked up to the DJ,the DJ's heart beat so rapidly. He didn't want this! He so badly wanted to get out of this horrible situation. Just... get outta there!

"Now that's settled, let's get to work! We only have 40 minutes." Hailey held up a 4 with her fingers.

Sean looked up at Milly who gave him a smirk with a thumbs up. Without Jake noticing, Sean stuck his tongue up at his little friend. The pink haired devil made a dramatic face and smirked at him again. Good luck~ she mouthed.

"Soooo..." Jake started. "How do you want to start this?"

"I guess we can see what song goes with the piano music and lyrics? You have Hailey's lyrics, right?" Sean tried to remove eye-contact, but that would just make it suspicious! Jake nodded and handed the paper with lyrics to Sean.

Sean had his computer open to a website or app of some kind--that can make cymbals of a drum, or clapping hands, and many more sounds; making them sound like a rapper was making music. Fortunately, this was also good for the types of songs the music club plays, too.

He had his headphones on, listening to the melody he did with Zander. He came across a few beats, then turned to Jake, but the peach haires boy was awkwardly sitting, humming to himself.

Oh shoot! What a dumb person I am! Sean took off his headphones. "I'm so sorry, Jake! I forgot you couldn't listen in."

"No, no, it's fine. You obviously are an expert at this, so I guess it's better if I left it all to you." Jake laughed and crossed his arms.

The black haired boy's face turned into a sad frown. It made Jake frown, too. So, as usual he tried to find a way to make it up to him. "U-Uh... we can always share earbuds! I think I forgot I had that in my pocket."

Jake grabbed his earbuds and gave one strand to Sean. "Yes! This is perfect!" The DJ smiled plugged it onto his computer. "You can hear it well, right?"

"Oh, Yeah! This sounds epic!" The singer nodded his head to the beat, which made the DJ's face go all red. Jake laughed and turned to Sean. "It's gonna be hard trying to find beats. I'm kind of indecisive."

"I agree with you." Sean laughed with him. "That's why it's cool to hear people's opinions. Zander can be a bit mean, but it's constructive."

"No doubt about that." Jake was gonna change the beat to the music, but instead he accidentally entwined his hand to Sean's. Jake gasped and took his hand away. "O-oh! Sorry, Sean!"

"No, go ahead..." Sean didn't know how to react to that. He just chuckled awkwardly.

Without another word, the singer changed the beat to the song. He looked at the lyrics and sang, "I can be your hero, baby~"

On the inside, Sean wanted to melt at the sound of his voice. On the outside, he didn't want Jake to be suspicious of his behavior. If he knows Sean's in love with him, it's 1. Gonna be awkward if he doesn't feel the same way or 2. He does feel the same and you have to go through all those coupley things! Just the thought of that made Sean's heart beat so rapidly.

"That beat works." Sean said. He pressed another musical effect on the app to make the sound smooth. He hummed the tune and Jake ended with singing:

"You can take my breath away~"

"Great! Now, the fun part is, the beat drops!"

Jake smiled excitedly. "Oh yes! I've always wanted to do this! Let's go baby!" The club members overheard the singer's loud screaming.

The club president chuckled, tuning her acoustic guitar. "Having fun over there?"

Jake's face turned red of embarrassment and he raised a thumbs up. Sean laughed hysterically. Jake turned to Sean. He loved that about him.