Chapter 11: A Platonic Date Part 2

"Almost... Al...mooost-" Sean said to himself while trying to attempt to get a plushie from the toy machine more than 12 times.

Jake went to the bathroom so now Sean wanted to get a stuffed toy for Jake. It was the price to pay after Jake gave him strawberry lemonade. The machine was filled with stuffed toy animals like lions, monkeys, birds, and pretty much all the jungle animals.

After the 17th try, Sean still couldn't get one toy. With disappointment, he lightly punched the machine. 'This is rigged,' he thought to himself.

"Sean?"

The black haired boy turned and saw the peach haired boy with his hands on his pockets; madly confused on what Sean was trying to do. With curiosity, Jake laughed. "What are you doing?"

"I'm trying to get a stuffed toy, but I should've realized this game was rigged after... uh..." Sean dug into his pockets and searched for coins, but felt nothing but soft fablic. "Aw shoot."

"I think my stupidness is getting to you." Jake laughed. "One time I went to the mall with Henry and I tried to get a stuffed toy for him, but I ended up having no more coins in my pocket."

Sean chuckled with him. "Really?"

"Mhm." Jake scratched his head. "It was a lettuce stuffed toy and it was huge. I thought Henry would like it but he was just getting annoyed at how many times I was failing." A sudden ring came through Jake's head. He thought to himself. "But he did give me one more chance with his quarter."

Jake dug into his pockets and gleamed when he felt a silver quarter lying around his jean. (Not the ship *cough, cough*) He stepped towards the toy machine and put the quarter inside.

He grabbed the handles, but Sean pushed his hand away. "Hey, I wanna get it for you."

Jake squinted his eyes. "Alright." He stepped aside and crossed his arms.

Sean thought to himself. He looked at the lion, monkey, and parrot toy which was close to where the grabber was. He turned towards Jake. "Which one do you want?"

Jake put a hand on his chin and mumbled
'hm...'. He pointed towards a bird at almost the top of all the other stuffed toys. "The parrot one looks cool." Jake responded.

Sean smirked and pushed the grabber above the parrot. He checked to see if it was in the right angle. Feeling confident, he hit the grab button and finally caught the parrot. With joy, he put his arms in the air. "Oh my goodness, Jake!" Without a warning, he put his arms around the peach haired boy.

"Wah!-"

When Sean realized what he was doing, he let go. Feeling embarrassed, he scratched his head. "Oh gosh. I'm sorry. I-I didn't mean to do that."

Jake chuckled. "Oh no, don't worry." Excitedly, he bent down and got the parrot out of the toy machine. He laughed at the look of the parrot. Yellow and red feathers with a light brown beak. He also had a little red ahoge above its head. Jake put the parrot right next to Sean's face. "I'm Mr. Parrot and I'm here to steal you! Arggg!"

Sean's face started to heat up and he put the parrot away. "Alright, Mr. Parrot, how about we go exploring more and give you a cracker, hm?"

"Oh, but Mr. Jake would want a cracker, too." Jake put an arm around Sean's shoulders. He snuggled the parrot from behind, trying to hold back his laughter.

For some reason, Sean wasn't pulling away. The way he was close to Jake right now; he wanted to be this close to him. '...Is this feeling... what I think it is...?' Sean thought.

His thoughts were interrupted when Jake exclaimed, "Hey, why don't we go to 'Jean's World of Plushies', I bet we could find more or even a plush that can talk on its own! Then after, we can go to the food section to eat!" Jake pointed to the nearby store and grabbed Sean's hand to drag him to the wonderland of plush toys.