8. Arguments

Charlie sighed and entered Sarah's house. He held Nick's hand and didn't let go. Nick saw how stressed he was. He felt bad he dragged Charlie to the dinner party. "We can leave if it's too much."

Charlie smiled. "It's okay, i'm gonna try."

Nick smiled back. When Charlie turned his head, nick was worried. He knew how much Charlie hated socializing.

"Now that everyone's here, let's eat." everyone sat down and Sarah brought tons of food onto the table. Charlie took his fork and looked at the food.

Nick looked at Charlie and put his hand on Charlie's. Charlie looked at Nick who was giving signs that they should head home. But he refused and tried to eat. He needed to give it a try.

"So, Charlie and Nick, tell us about your life." Charlie looked up and saw that everyone was staring at them, which made it more difficult for Charlie to eat and made him more anxious. He glanced at Nick. He nodded and started talking for the both of them.

"Yeah, it's been fine. We're alright." Nick smiled. He turned to Charlie who was nodding and playing with his food.

After a few minutes Charlie stood up. "Excuse me." ran to the terrace. Nick excused himself too and ran after Charlie. He entered the terrace

Nick found Charlie sitting on the floor with his head in his knees. Nick went to sit next to him and put his head on his head. Nick heard muffled sobbing coming from Charlie, and Nick realized Charlie was crying. "Char?"

No response. He understood that Charlie didn't wanna talk. He stood up and wanted to leave, to give Charlie some privacy, but a hand grabbed his. He turned around and saw Charlie, still with his head in his knees and holding his hand.

Nick smiled and decided to sit next to him. To keep him company. A few moments later, Sarah walks in the terrace and sees Nick and Charlie sleeping on each other and decides to let them. She understood it's not her job to meddle.

_________

"Bye mum, we had a fun time." Nick waved at his mom but saw on her face that she knew about what happened today and that she didn't believe him. Nick sighed and walked to the car where Charlie was sitting already. Nick got in and looked at Charlie who was facing the window.

"Charlie? You okay?" no response. Nick sighed. He patted on Charlie's shoulder and made Charlie look at him. "Charlie, please just tell me what's wrong?"

He sighed. "I fucked your evening. But I also didn't ask you to follow me. You could've just stayed there."

"What are you talking about?'

Charlie sighed. "When I ran to the terrace. I didn't ask you to leave. You had fun with those people."

"Yeah, but you wanted me there."

"Yeah, in the end. But I thought you only stayed bcs of pity."

Nick scoffed. He thought it was a joke but Charlie seemed to be talking the truth. "Can't you just accept that I care for you? Why must you second think everything?"

"Because in the end, you're gonna leave me! Just like everyone!" Charlie was screaming and crying at the same time. Nick felt angry.

"Charlie what the fuck! We're married for fuckssake! Of course I care for you. Why would I even leave you, makes no sense!"

Charlie opened the car door and it was raining. Charlie stepped out of the car and started running god knows where. Nick screamed his name but Charlie didn't looked back.

The door opened and Sarah came out of her house. "Nick?"

Nick turned his head and saw his mom worried. "He- he just ran away? Like? Like I was in the fault?" Nick had tears in his eyes.

Sarah smiled. "Come inside the house and tell me what happened."