Chapter 8 * Truth

Important note: 

This chapter contains traces of assault and abuse. This may be upsetting for some readers. Please be aware and mindful of this if you continue reading.

- Athena

------------------------------

"Urm hi, sorry to bother you, but could you tell me where I can find Odessa?" Nike asked a young satyr lying in the shade of a tree.

The victory goddess had followed her mother's directions to a village hidden away in the forest. It seemed surrounded by magical creatures of all rankings. The only ones that weren't represented were the Olympians, but with this amount of nymphs around, Nike doubted it would take long for them to get here.

"Odessa? What could you possibly need her for?" The Satyr asked, turning up their nose.

"She has information that I desperately need."

The satyr snorted.

"She only speaks cursed words, winged stranger. Trust me, you don't wish to talk to her."

"Yes, I do. Just tell me where to find her, please." Nike sighed.

The satyr gave her a suspicious glance. The angel wondered why Odessa was so loathed by the people around here. This young creature in front of her wasn't the only one she had asked on her way throughout the village. Some people had even turned around and walked away the moment she had asked about the woman.

"It's your doom minor goddess." The Satyr stated.

'Minor goddess.'

The words stung in Nike's chest. She ruled over victory and yet still people saw her as less merely because she was no Olympian. It did not mean she wasn't as powerful as them. In fact she ensured they looked as powerful and majestic as they did by granting them their victories.

However the angel kept her mouth shut. That satyr would eventually figure out who they had offended.

"You can find her if you follow the main road until you go past the village. Follow the small flowy trail up the hill. There you should find the wreck of a house where she lives."

Nike gave a nod and thanked the satyr even though the words left a bitter taste in her mouth. Instead of walking she chose to put her wings to good use and flew towards the house on the hill.

When she let her feet touch the ground once more she saw the satyr had been correct about one thing. The house was a wreck indeed. Pots in front of the house that had held seeds and grains had been smashed. The door was unhinged and there were small pools of blood in various places, seemingly leaving a trail that led inside.

"Odessa?" Nike called out.

"Odessa, are you here?"

No reply came, so the victory goddess took the liberty to enter the house. She followed the trail of blood and it led her to a fireplace. In front of it sat a fragile figure with their back towards the angel. They were muttering something that sounded a lot like a prayer to Hestia.

"O-odessa?" Nike hesitated.

The person in front of the fire didn't reply right away. They finished their prayer first.

"You're new... I've never felt an aura like yours before... Except in... Styx... Yes, the ego. You both think you're the best... You always win..." They started muttering.