005

DEVOTED

⋅︓︒︑∘∗✧∘︑︒∙︓⋅⠄✯∘⠄✧⠄

chapter 5

⋅︓︒︑∘∗✧∘︑︒∙︓⋅⠄✯∘⠄✧⠄

lianas' phone pinged as she pulled into the driveway of matt's house. rain droplets raced down her windshield, it was almost like the weather knew how she felt and decided to match the cloud above her head.

liana sighed as her phone lit up. she put it on 'do not disturb' while turning off the car. "fuck, here goes nothing." 

"coming!" someone yelled, loud thuds of footsteps became louder as they reached the front door. the warmth coming from inside warmed up liana.

"hi nick." liana said while nick gestured for her to come inside. "i'm guessing you're here for matt?"

liana nodded. "he's upstairs in his room. he's probably waiting for you."

she took her shoes off before walking up the stairs. her phone buzzing in her back pocket while she knocked on matt's bedroom door.

"come in!" he yelled. "hi liana."

"hello. we need to talk?" she asked, sitting down on his bed.

matt scratched his neck, "yeah. so about the other night, i don't want you to think that i'm looking for something seriou-"

her phone buzzed again, cutting off matt. "sorry, it's just my ex." liana sighed. "he's been calling me nonstop to talk to him."

"block him?" matt suggested. liana laughed.

"i've tried, he always finds a way to contact me and it's draining." she said, tossing her phone next to her. 

"wait, i have an idea." he says. "what if we fake date to convince him you're not interested anymore."

"i haven't been interested for awhile actually." liana corrects him. "the fake dating thing would be a good idea, but i'm sure he'll find out one way or another."

"then we won't tell anyone. i won't tell chris and nick, you don't tell berkeley." he says.

"well we need to set some ground rules then." she said, walking over towards his desk and grabbing a pen. "first, no kissing."

matt laughed, "it has to be believable or else no one will be convinced we're together."

"okay fine. we can kiss, but only in public or for social media."

"we have ourselves a deal then." matt said, putting his pinky out for liana.

"this is going to end bad i just know it." she says, conjoining her pinky with his.

⋅︓︒︑∘∗✧∘︑︒⚬∙︓⋅⠄✯∘⠄✧⠄

authors note
rewrite