✧~Prologue~✧

~Prologue~

AMONG THE LOUD chatting and gossiping in the large ball room, the clanking of glass cups toasting to each other could be faintly heard, as people from the Hero and Villain Kingdom mingled. Most people sticking to their own Kingdoms.

They were all mostly royals, nobles, officials, and court members. All of high ranking, status, and reputation. Some were lower in status, but were still invited nonetheless. All were the elites of society, whichever one they were from.

This feast was held every ten years, to create a bond between the two Kingdoms that were separated for the longest time. While neither sides had the intentions of becoming friends, it was more beneficial to be business partners than enemies. Neither Kingdoms wanted that, which was precisely why the feast was held. Not that it really made much progress. Every year, at most they'd find one new trading agreement, at most.

Then, at the very front of the room, sat the two rulers in all their might and glory. King All Might sat on a throne made of gold and rubies, on the left, coordinating with his subjects that were mingling on the left side of the room. King All For One sat on a throne made of silver, black tourmaline, and red agate. His throne was on the right side, also coordinating with his own people. Their thrones kept a good distance from each other, as neither wanted to be that close to each other.

Beside King All Might, sat his main wife Queen Lotus (Inko), and his imperial concubine, Noble Consort Mitsuki. Below them sat his two sons, the son of his concubine, was the eldest Prince Katsuki. Beside him sat the son of his main wife, the second Prince Izuku. One was the eldest, and the other was the legitimate heir, so some would argue that they were of the same status.

Multiple noble families were scattered across the room, one of them being Duke Endeavor's family. His main wife, Duchess Frost (Rei), and his three children. Lady Fuyumi, Lord Natsuo, and Young Lord Shouto were all mingling with other families, while Duke Endeavor was more so listening to the other nobles praise him, rather than talking to them. Though his attention was instead on King All Might, a noticeable glare across his face as he stared up at his rival.

As for King All For One, no one was by his side. For as long as anyone could remember, All For One kept his wife hidden for the longest time, before she died after giving birth to his daughter. The eldest, legitimate princess. However, he did have his adopted son, Prince Tomura beside him instead.

Beside him, was King All For One's so called 'nephew', Prince Inferno. Well, not exactly. He was the distant relative of All For One's late wife, so he was taken into the royal family. It was simply easier to call him his adopted nephew rather than his late wife's distant relative.
He already had a conferred title that was granted to him three years ago after he repelled a rebellion that a citizen from the Villain Kingdom put together against All For One by a group of villagers that were indeed treated unfairly, but it wasn't as if that mattered to them. Though even with his conferred title, not everyone respected him sincerely. Everyone knew that All For One's late wife wasn't a noble, though nor was she a commoner. So even in her death, and even with her conferred title as Queen Cascade, people still looked down at her. Including her so called 'distant relative'. People just viewed them as lucky to be part of the royal family, while coming from a low status.

His name was Dabi, and of course he had the royal surname, Shigaraki. Though many people questioned whether that was his real name, and where his parents were at that, since he was first announced to the public when he was thirteen.

(PS, a conferred title is basically a sort of name that's given along with your status if you set a merit, for example, Dabi ended a rebellion, which meant he was granted the conferred title, 'Inferno'. And as he is a prince, people must address him as 'Prince Inferno'. Conferred titles usually correspond to people's quirks. Not in the real world as quirks do not truly exist. Princes and princesses do receive conferred titles after marriage, but earning one before marriage only adds to their status and rank. And a royal child being granted a conferred title raises them to a prince/princess of the third rank.)