you deserve to rest

[ fluff - platonic ]

The voices coming from the people who simultaneously shared their concepts and ideas across the table slowly started to drift away as your vision slowly faded into black. Your head bobbed up and down, feeling light as you tried to keep yourself awake to grasp everything going on around you.

Being one of the major staff for Michael Jackson's upcoming This Is It tour was one of the biggest opportunities and you didn't even hesitate to miss the chance to take the job when Kenny Ortega offered it to you.

You worked as an art director for the show - which meant you were in charge of executing the creative vision of the director and production designer. Most of the plans were mainly for the set design for the vignettes to be shown on the LED screen and stage design.

Even though your job seemed fun and is surely something people would fight over just to be in your place, it cost you an important thing in your life; sleep.

Ever since rehearsals and brainstorming sessions started, the 7-8 hours of sleep (or even more) you once had turned into 3 or 2 hours prior to you having to wake up at around 5 in the morning and head to the arena for yet another day of making preparations - sometimes you would barely get sleep too, even just a bit.

Last night, you and the production designer pulled up an (almost) all-nighter talking on the phone planning and visualizing all the ideas you both had and jotted them down in your notebook.

Because of that, you only had 2 hours of sleep since the call ended around 2 in the morning, and you were lowkey mad at Andy for keeping you up very late, but then again you couldn't blame him because this was your job and the concepts were needed to be shown the next day to Michael and Kenny.

Now, you were currently in the conference room with Michael, Kenny, and a few of the main staff to talk about the set design concepts for the vignettes you and the production designer, Andy came up with.

But as he started flipping through the binder filled with digital drawings and explained each of them, you started to feel drowsy despite the amount of coffee you drank in an attempt to get yourself through the day