Chapter 24: As if Cheering Someone up was a big Deal

In Aries' Point of View

I don't know how Scorpio managed to create carseats made of tiny grains of sand, but he sure does have my respect for this.

I glanced at Virgo, who looked pale like a cement statue. She looked back and immediately turned away. I suppose I should tell you what happened before we got called to the meeting spot.

And if you think I'm going to go through the whole dialogue conversation we had, you're wrong. I'm going to sum it all up in one sentence.

Virgo said I've changed and now she isn't talking to me, but she keeps looking at me and glancing away like, what, do I have a red bug on my face or something?

Done. Oh, and we bought churros with chocolate and strawberry dip.

Anyway, we boarded the sand-car-patch-school-bus thing and got lifted off. Leo grinned and sat beside me.

"Hi, hello, yes, no more greetings. Simple 'I have a suggestion now you do it for me' talk going on. I'm calling you over to sit with you-know-who over there," she said and pointed to Virgo, "She looks a little pale, doesn't she?"

"I guess? But I'm not going there. I just found my perfect spot and I'm not going to risk it for her," I replied with distaste.

Pisces came over, "We're feet above ground, high enough to leave human sight but lower than an airplane. Low enough for Water Signs not to feel nauseous, but high enough to make someone feel-"

"Your point? Humans can still be able to see us, though."

I saw Virgo somehow "gain consciousness" and grin. She snapped her fingers and smiled with pride, but when she peeked below, she turned even paler than she was before.

Oh. Oh. I see.

"Height," Pisces pointed out, "matters to beings other than humans."

"I am not going over to her," I decided.

Sagittarius sat cross legged in front of us. "You have to go over there Aries. You need to comfort her."

"Why can't any of you do it?"

"Because she will only show her feelings to one person," even Capricorn himself appeared behind me. "And guess who that one person is."

"You?"

"You."

"Is that how blind you are? Why would she open up to me of all people, huh?"

Now Gemini was here. "No, Aries, you really have to go there. Like, seriously, if you don't, we're going to push you to her."

"Hey, good idea," Sagittarius beamed.

"Traitor," I muttered.

Sagittarius looked sheepish, "Wait, no, I was kidding. But it's a hoax, you know. Besides, if you go there, Scorpio'll reach her before you do, and everyone knows Scorpio is emphatic."

"Being emphatic means?"

"He isn't dense."

Taurus squealed. "Oh, I knew it! You gave me hope, Sagi."

Sagittarius grinned. I frowned.

"But you seem to be a little aware of other people's feelings too," Libra reassured.

Gathered around me was an odd crowd. Even Cancer giving me a thumbs-up, and Aquarius was looking at me expectantly.

I rolled my eyes and stood up. "I'd say 'fine' if that weren't already a line I always say. You all owe me one."

"Oh, Aries, we'll make it up to you," Leo laughed.

I went over to the back. It was weird how Virgo wasn't hearing any of this, but then again, the sand patch Scorpio created was spatial and wide. Speaking of the guy, he was riding in the front, controlling the direction of the patch.

"I, uh, just want to let you know that I know you were forced to go here, so you don't have to try to comfort me. I'm fine, really," Virgo said.

"Good, I'll go then."

"Are you sure that's really what you want to do? They owe you one, you know. Which means a time when you need something from them, they'll give it to you. And that's nine of them so one each," Virgo coaxed.

"I don't know why you're so invested in be being here," I crossed my arms. "And if you're so scared of heights, why are you in the corner when you could be in the middle?"

"You're in the middle. Why would I want to be with y-"

I interrupted with, "What did you do?"

Virgo blinked. She looked less pale. I guess talking to me made her stardust boil. "What did I do... to what?"

Alright, I have to admit, I couldn't stand this little talk anymore. I wanted to go back but... Well, whatever. I'll live anyways, right? But this whole thing is making me want to interrupt every single thing any one says. For some reason. I don't know, bad habit?

"Earth Signs have the gift of illusion. Did you make sure the humans won't see us with that?" I asked, slowly this time.

"Oh, yes. Why?" Virgo asked.

"Are you scared of heights?"

"Hasn't that been made obvious to you already?"

"And you're just going to let yourself be vulnerable to me? I can mock you at any time, you know."

I mean, I'm forcing myself not to, but hey, I could. I really, really could at my chosen time and place... I could right now. But that would be low. And lame.

Virgo frowned. "Of course not." She adjusted her posture and looked away, but then flinched when she saw the clouds. "Fine, let's go."

I rolled my eyes and stood up, making sure she was following me. She shouldered her way past me and sat beside Taurus. The sand patch was a stable thing, like a brick of some sort. Walking was like regular walking, like normal, if you know what I mean. I looked at the group. They were sending nods and thumbs up across the board. I sighed and sat down beside Sagittarius.

"You did great," he grinned.

"Sure," I said.

"But wait, what exactly did you say to her?" Sagittarius asked.

"'Curious?"

Sagittarius smirked. "Why? Aren't you going to tell me? Oh, you're having a bad day today, aren't you?" he asked.

His tone went from 'haha yes, tell me' to 'actually, your mental health is more important, never mind' real quick. Well, I wasn't going to say anything. I'd be open to my emotions, but I was cursed to never reveal them to anybody. Weird thing, yes, but I don't struggle with it anyway, so it's fine.

"No, I'm fine. It's just the rest of you getting on my nerves is all," I said with a grunt.

"'The rest of us'? You mean to say excluding Virgo and Scorpio, right?"

I wasn't aware with what I said, but yeah, sure. Sure. Another curse. I act without thinking, speak with no thought to my words. But yeah, like I said, it's fine.

"Oh, so you want to test me now? Didn't you just say I'm having a bad day?"

"Didn't you reply that you didn't have a bad day?"

"Yeah, well I'm about to."

Sagittarius raised his hands in defeat, "Fine, fine. I guess I don't want to make my best friend madder, right?" he grinned and punched my shoulder playfully. I punched him back. You know, a little friend moment. I think. Whatever.

He looked over his shoulder, "Hey, Aqua! We're nearing our home now, right? Why don't we speed things up with a little teleportation magic, hmm?"

And just like that, we were home. About time.