Chapter 31: In A Crater

In Libra's Point of View

I looked in front of me, and Aquarius sent me a thumbs up. I smiled. Aries and Virgo were trailing behind us, but they looked like they were having trouble. I swooped over at Aquarius and tapped his shoulder. Then I pointed at the pair.

"Should we help them?" I asked.

He shook his head, "They're fine." He hesitated, "I'll take Aries."

He flew down and carried Aries as if he were his bride. I stifled a laugh, and sent him a thumbs up. Aries tried to struggle himself free, "Let go of me, you oblivious water carrier! I can do this by myself. Let me go and I'll set myself a new momentum."

"Oblivious? And no," Aquarius said. "You'll fall. And Virgo will have to catch you all over again."

That seemed to shut Aries' mouth. I continued to soar up and soon, the four of us caught sight of the stars. Venus, Mars, and Moon would be the closest, was what Aquarius explained to us. He studied the pattern of celestial bodies for four years according to Gemini, and Gemini talks a lot about him.

The Moon's celestial projection and her symbol are separated. We, the zodiac, are symbols, and someday, we'll be projecting our constellations even brighter with out items. To make it easier to understand, Moon's celestial projection is "nonliving", and Moon herself is the symbol.

I looked around. It was quiet. No celebrations- and even The Comets weren't racing today.

"There's Moon's projection," Virgo pointed out. She reached it and beckoned for us to come too. "It's still a little warm, which means they shouldn't have strayed away far from now."

Projections emit a glow when their symbols are near, so it's only fair there should be heat present too.

"Leo should've come with us. She could make something appear that'll help us track down Cancer," Aquarius figured.

"So reliant," Aries rolled his eyes. "We'll be able to find them. Aren't you apparently one of the constellations who spotted Earth from the place behind Neptune?"

Aquarius stiffened. I decided to wander a little farther from the group. We wouldn't be able to find anything if we're clumped together, right? Much sooner than I thought, though, I spotted a familiar figure. I didn't want to alarm her. She looked so peaceful, meditating in one of the craters.

"Pisces?" I called out.

"Ah, hello, Libra," she smiled. "I'd love it if you joined me. Here," she scooted over so I could sit beside her. So I did.

I didn't know what to say. I couldn't just ask her 'Why are you here? We have a job down on Earth.' "Um... Cancer is worried about you."

"Oh, he seems to be all right." Pisces was frowning a bit this time. "He has his new companion now, doesn't he?"

I just now realized her nose was red and her face was streaked with water. "We can find him. Everyone's waiting for you to come, and we're sure Cancer will show up if he knows you're safe."

"But I'm not safe. Don't you see? I was so easily baited and caught and now I'm here. Forced on the craters of the very traitor who took my best friend away," Pisces laughed. She laughed at herself and then said, "I know where your item is, Libra. I've never told you because I was forced to keep it secret."

"That's alright," I reassured. "At least now you can tell me, right?"

"Exactly. But here's the problem," she started creating huge bubbles and wrote something on each of them. I'm told they were taught to master this talent while they were being created, so when they appeared fully, they could do those kinds of stunts.

Moon can hear everything we say, but she can't see us, was what I read. I nodded, understanding completely. Pisces kept the item secret from me because I... had been too sensitive with everything. And that emotion would clash with my power. Now, Moon is baiting Cancer because he already found his item.

And since he's close to Pisces, Cancer's emotions are conflicting, meaning the power in the item right now also indefinite.

"I refuse to believe, however, that she is entirely at fault," Pisces continued explaining. "And although I do want to blame her, I just can't bring myself to hate her enough."

I tried to give advice, but I couldn't say anything. Sure, I've gone through a lot, but it's not just me. My experiences are nothing compared to what Pisces must be going through right now.

She must've sensed my emotions, so she added, "You don't have to try and make me feel comfortable."

I faked a yawn. "Oh, I think I'm a little sleepy, Pisces. Let's sleep here?"

She looked confused. I made a face that said 'just go along with it, please', so she did just that.

"You know what, I think my eyes are a little tired too. Good Moonrise, Libra."

"Good Moonrise," I said. I lay down, Pisces doing the same. She looked as if she demanded an explanation, though.

I looked at her, looked around, then pulled her wrist. The two of us floated in space, and everything seemed to fall in a sweet silence. She smiled at me, and mouthed, "Thank you."

We'd escaped by tricking Moon, and now, we have to find her. We reunited with Aries, Virgo, and Aquarius. And we explained everything.

"But we're not sure as to why she's doing it now, and not after Cancer has channelled his power into his item," Pisces said.

"We'll figure that out. And, Pisces," Virgo said. "we're going to look for Cancer, okay? Then we'll get him back."

"Obviously," Aries said, "Not like we need to clear it up for her, right?"

"Libra, may I talk to you for a while?" Virgo asked.

Aries looked frustrated. "Don't tell her what she needs to know. Please, Libra."

"Uh..." I hesitated, but nodded anyways. The two of us drifted away from the group.

"Well, what am I supposed to say now, you've already nodded to what Aries said," Virgo sighed. "I'm sorry I'm a little cranky these days. A lot has been happening, and that's been... distracting. You know how I was before this little quest, right?"

I gulped. "Yes..."

"Anyway, what does it mean when your hair changes color? I'm sorry I'm asking you now, but Aries has been doing it a lot recently. The same can be said to Leo and Gemini. Even Sagittarius once or twice. I've never seen you do it, though. But Aquarius told me I should probably ask you."

"Ah, w-well..." That would be one question I couldn't answer on the spot.