8|Haunted

Riley's POV
I shoot up from the floor mattress I was sleeping on, sweat encasing my body, making my clothes stick to me, making me feel suffocated. I rip my top of to try and get some air in my lungs. I hated that day. I hated many days but that one was up there.

I am hyperventilating, tears stream down my face as flashback engulf me, I cant find an escape until I hear a gentle voice. "Riley, its ok. Come one follow my voice, try and listen to my breaths. In and out, yeah. Your ok, its alright were at May Parker and Peter Parker's apartment. You are fine alright" the gentle voice is Aunt May. I engulf her in a hug, tears still streaming down my face but my breathing slower. May has dealt with my panic attacks before so she mostly knows what to do to help me back out of one, same as Peter.

"I-Im Sor-rry" I stutter out. May hugs me tighter.

"It's alright, Peter is still asleep, lazy cretin" may says, I chuckle slightly at her words. After afew you minute may decided to speak again "It's 6am, I was up early, I wanted to try and set up some sort of trap for you guys when I heard you muttering in your sleep. I hadn't actually decided what I wanted to do, so you could help me set some sort of trap for Peter." May offers, i smile and decide I will accept her offer.

"Sure, we could d that thing were you put the clear thing you put on food in the doorway and call him, so he runs into it" (A/N if you know, you know)

May smiles "get a shower while I set it up, it will make you feel better" May tells me, She is like a mum to me, but one who accepts me for who I am instead of chucking me away like garbage. I nod before getting up and heading into the bathroom while May goes into the kitsch to get what she needs for the prank.

I get in the shower feeling the warm water cover my body, relaxing my tense muscles. I decide to quietly sing, knowing it will help calm me down. It always has before. I decide I to sing some of Mr Brightside by the killers.

Coming out of my cage and I've been doing just fine
Gotta, gotta be down, because I want it all
It started out with a kiss, how did it end up like this?
It was only a kiss, it was only a kiss
Now I'm falling asleep and she's calling a cab
While he's having a smoke and she's taking a drag
Now they're going to bed and my stomach is sick
And it's all in my head, but she's touching his

Chest now, he takes off her
Dress now, let me go
And I just can't look, it's killing me
They're taking control

My body begins to relax as I distract myself with the song, my sining is gently and quit as I don't want to wake Peter or disturb May, but its loud enough for me to hear and so calming. It is a great distraction from my overwhelming thoughts

Jealousy, turning saints into the sea
Swimming through sick lullabies, choking on your alibis
But it's just the price I pay, destiny is calling me
Open up my eager eyes, 'cause I'm Mr. Brightside

I'm coming out of my cage and I've been doing just fine
Gotta, gotta be down, because I want it all
It started out with a kiss, how did it end up like this?
It was only a kiss, it was only a kiss
Now I'm falling asleep and she's calling a cab
While he's having a smoke and she's taking a drag
Now they're going to bed and my stomach is sick
And it's all in my head, but she's touching his

Chest now, he takes off her
Dress now, let me go
'Cause I just can't look, it's killing me
They're taking control

Jealousy, turning saints into the sea
Swimming through sick lullabies, choking on your alibis
But it's just the price I pay, destiny is calling me
Open up my eager eyes, 'cause I'm Mr. Brightside

I never...
I never...
I never...
I never...

I finish the song smiling, I have loved to sing and haven't been able to do that in a while, it is a great distraction and something I love to do. Sometimes I feel like I am being haunted by my past and somehow music helps me escape and free myself from it, even if its only for a while.

I get out of the shower and get changed into the spare set of clothes I have, May and Peter insisted on me putting my others in the wash since i was here instead of paying to use other places. I dry my hair and leave the bathroom. I smile at may and she gives me a thumbs up indicating that the trap was set. "Peter! Come here I need your help with something" May shouts.

"What is it, Im coming" peter shouts back, i can hear him scramble to his feet and attempt to run to us. I also hear him crash into the trap we set. He groans and tumbles "just because I did it to you that one time Riley"

"Paybacks a Bitch Pete" I respond earning a chuckle from May.

"Come on I made some pancakes that we can eat" May announces, peter get up from the floor and runs into the kitchen like an absolute child. i walk in front of May holding the door for her.

"At least someone still shows some courtesy, Pete" May announces hinting that Peter should have held the door "what happened to being a gentleman Pete. leaving Riley to do it all, and your poor old aunt without help" May exaggerates, I stifle a laugh and pull May's chair out for her and tucking her in before getting the food and placing it on front of her with cutlery.

"May, you aren't old, your only just 40, at maximum, wait how old are you?" she questions.

"Peter! you do not ask a woman her age, it is very rude. i expected better from you young man" May teases, I again have to stifle a laugh.

"Yeah Peter" I say, Peter glares at me. At this point i fail and I laugh loudly, May and peter join in before we all end up eating our pancakes after May scolding us telling u sit hey will get cold.

———————————
hello, I wanted to have a fin end to this chapter so here you go.
I feel like this would be what May and Peters relationship is very much like
hope you are all well