27|First Date

General POV
Riley and Wanda leave the compound, they both have wide grins on their faces. "I was thinking we could walk around central Park and the reservoir" Riley informs, Wanda nods.

"That's a nice idea, I haven't really been out that much to explore America since moving here, I have just spent most of my time at the compound" Wanda replies. Riley nods and the pair fall into an awkward silence, both of their nerves getting the better of them. This is Riley's first proper date and Wanda's first date with a girl and her first date out of Sokovia.

Riley fidgets with her hands while Wanda fiddles with her rings, eventually the silence gets too much for Riley so she decides to crack a joke in hopes it will clear the awkward air. She just needs to make a joke and decide what type of joke use. "I was wondering why the Frisbee kept getting bigger and bigger, but then it hit me!" Riley exclaims, Wanda chuckles lightly "I have another one, I used to have a handle on life, but then it broke" Riley adds, Wanda laughs again, Riley sighs relieved the awkwardness has left the air as both girls chuckle at Rileys bad jokes.

"Wow those were some amazing jokes, They are only funny because they are so stupid" Wanda says, Riley puts her hands over her head and gasps, pretending to be offended.

"You were saying about how you were exploring America, where are you from? I know you have an accent sometimes" Riley asks remembering what Wanda said a few minutes ago, she also knows Wanda sometimes has an accent but Riley isn't sure where it is from. Wanda looks down seemingly sad "its fine if you don't want to tell me" Riley adds.

"I'm from Sokovia" Wanda explains, Riley's eyes wide in realisation, she didn't mean to upset Wanda, as she goes to apologise Wanda adds "Me and Pietro didn't exactly have the best time growing up there though, there was lots of poverty and war, even though our parents tried to keep us from it we still knew about it"

"I'm sorry, I heard about what happened in Sokovia, people had watched it on the news and I had heard them talking about it in school a couple years ago. If you don't mind me asking what happened to your Parents? If you don't wants to answer its fine" Riley says, she doesn't want to make Wanda uncomfortable but her curiosity gets the better of her.

"Mamma and Papa died in the bombings, there was a time of war in Sokovia, we were watching sitcoms that night, it was my turn to choose and I always picked sitcoms, Pietro would groan and grumble but we all knew he enjoyed them, a Stark bomb hit our apartment and we hid under the bed, the bomb didn't go off, for two days we were trapped under the rubble before being rescued, we ended up joining a terrorist group, HYDRA, and then fought against robots that Tony created, where Pietro nearly d-died" Wanda says, she a light smile was etched on her face while talking about the sitcoms but that drops as soon as the bomb was mentioned. Riley hugs Wanda tightly.

"I'm sorry, I understand loss and grief of loved ones, I cant exactly say I understand it in the way you do, but I understand it" Riley says, Wanda nods and beckons for her to continue "my parents sort of neglected me a little and left me to fend for myself lots, but they cared for me and loved me until when i was fifteen and decided to come out to them, they told me they could not have a lesbian daughter and it bought so much shame on the family, they kicked me out that night where I roamed the streets and got bit by the spider on the night I left. I found out that they died drink driving by hacking into some police reports after not seeing that at my old house for a while, I ended up living on the streets for six months while helping out as The Spider, I went to school like nothing changed when really everything had, I was heartbroken and so frustrated when my I found out parents died but I eventually realised I was grieving people that i didn't really know, I though I had parents who would do anything for me not matter what but I was wrong, it changed the way I looked at my parents death" Riley laughs and adds "we are so mentally stable right? Lovely time we have had in this world?" She jokes again, sarcastically, Wanda chuckles lightly.