Chapter 4 // Abeille

Charlie kicked the snow under his feet as he walked through the town, looking for something to get his mind off the whole contest

Charlie kicked the snow under his feet as he walked through the town, looking for something to get his mind off the whole contest. Thankfully, he did get that as he spotted money sticking out of the snow. He picked it up and stared at the 10 dollar bill.

He walked a little farther and went inside a tiny shop, where Wonka bars were being sold at. Even if the contest was over it didn't mean the chocolate bars weren't good anymore.

Charlie took his wool gloves off and held the dollar bill out, flashing a small smile. "One Wonka Whipple-Scrumptious Fudgemallow Delight, please."

The cashier returned the smile, grabbing the bill and making sure the little boy recieved the candy bar. "Here you go."

A blond woman who was standing on the right side of Charlie placed down a newspaper she had been holding. She looked at the man in front of her. "The nerve of some people."

The man slightly chuckled. "I know. Forging a ticket. Come on."

When Charlie pulled back some of the wrapping his eyes widened when he caught sight of gold and the first three letters of a word. He silently pulled it entirely out and read it. The cashier's eyes widened when he caught sight of it. "It's a golden ticket."

Another man who was also in the store immediately looked over when he heard those words.

"You found Wonka's last golden ticket!" The man laughed. "In my shop too!"

A different lady smiled widely and the man placed his hand on Charlie's shoulder. "Listen, I'll buy it from you. I'll give you $50 and a new bicycle."

The brown haired lady moved closer, glaring at the man. "Are you crazy? I'd give him $500 for that ticket." She raised her eyebrows at Charlie. "You wanna sell me your ticket for $500, young man?"

The cashier frowned at the adults. "That's enough of that. Leave the kid alone." He leaned across the counter closer to Charlie. "Listen. Don't let anyone have it. Take it straight home, you understand?"

Charlie smiled broadly and nodded. "Thank you!" He turned and immediately made a dash home, listening to the man.

 "Thank you!" He turned and immediately made a dash home, listening to the man

Y/n was reading a book as she faintly heard her son yell out for her. She picked her head up as he threw the door open and ran inside, running over to her.

"Mom! I found that last golden ticket!"

Y/n furrowed her brows in confusion. "Charlie the last one had already been found. In Russia, remember?"

Charlie shook his head. "No! It was fake." He held out the ticket. "Here!"

Y/n fumbled with the ticket in her hand and she turned it over, reading it. "Greetings to you, the lucky finder of this golden ticket, from Mr. Willy Wonka. I shake you warmly by the hand. For now, I invite you to my factory and be my guest for one whole day."

Charlie grinned.

"I, Willy Wonka, will conduct you around the factory myself showing you everything there is to see. Afterwards, when it is time to leave you will be escorted home by a procession of large trucks each one filled with all the chocolate you could ever eat. And remember, one of you lucky five children will receive an extra prize beyond your wildest imagination. Now, here are your instructions. On the first of February, you must come to the factory gates at 10 a.m sharp. You're allowed to bring one member of your family to look after you. Until then, Willy Wonka"

Y/n pulled the ticket away from her face. "The first of February." Her eyes widened. "That's tomorrow." She looked at her son. "Charlie—"

He interrupted her, shaking his head. "No. we're not going."

His mom tilted her head. "What? At least tell me why?"

"A woman offered me $500 for the ticket. I bet someone else would pay more. We need the money more than we need the chocolate."

Y/n winced and casted her eyes down. It hurt her knowing that Charlie knew better. That he knew their financial situation was so bad he was willing to give up the one in a lifetime chance for money they did need. They did need the money, but Y/n would feel like a horrible mother if she let her son give up such an amazing chance. One that would most likely never happen again.

She knelt down and grabbed her son's arms. "Now Charlie I want you to listen to me very carefully. There's plenty of money out there. They print more everyday. But I can guarantee you that these will be the only five golden tickets ever. Are you a dummy Charlie?"

Charlie's face broke into a small smile as he shook his head. "No ma'am."

Y/n smiled back and she kissed his forehead. "Besides, I can always get more or better jobs, okay?"

Charlie nodded.

"Good. Now clean the mud off your pants, we have a factory to go to."