Chapter 5 // Lumière

The next day, Y/n dressed in black jeans and a f/c sweater, wearing a coat over it

The next day, Y/n dressed in black jeans and a f/c sweater, wearing a coat over it. Then 15 minutes till 10 o'clock, she and Charlie headed over to the gates of the factory where the other contestants were also waiting.

A very large crowd had formed to at least be able to watch the gates open. Y/n and Charlie had stood on the right, in-between Veruca and her father, and Augustus and his mother. Every so often, the ten people would hear cameras flashing and such. The families looked at each other in the line, silently sizing them up and judging them.

Veruca looked up at her father. "Daddy, I want to go in."

The dad checked his watch. "It's 9:59, sweetheart."

"Make time go faster." She snapped back.

Charlie turned his attention away from the gates and to his mother. "What do you think Mr. Wonka is like?"

Y/n patted his head. "I'm sure he's nice and charming, hon."

Besides them, Augustus loudly chewed on a chocolate bar, smacking his lips. Y/n just rolled her eyes.

As Violet chewed her gum loudly, her mother looked at her. "Eyes on the prize, Violet. Eye on the prize."

Mike just stared at the factory and his father nervously looked down the line.

Not any second later, did the gates slowly creak open. Charlie grinned and gently shook his mother's arm, as the other families reacted similarly.

As the gates opened all the way, a voice came through the intercom. "Please enter." all too excitedly, the families all ran inside, eager to begin the tour. "Come forward." The voice announced once again. As the families followed the instructions, the voice called again. "Close the gates."

"Dear visitors, it is my great pleasure to welcome you to my humble factory. And who am I?" The metal looking door slid back and a red curtain with a W was quickly revealed before doing the same thing. "Well..."

As the curtain was pulled back it revealed little doll figurines and just a very colorful set up in general. And the little dolls began moving around while singing a song.

♪Willy Wonka, Willy Wonka♪

♪The Amazing Chocolatier♪

♪Willy Wonka, Willy Wonka♪

♪Everybody give a cheer!♪

Y/n and Charlie shared a look before turning their attention back to the little show in front of them.

♪He's modest, clever, and so smart,♪

♪He barely can restrain it.♪

♪With so much generosity,♪

♪There is no way to contain it♪

♪To contain it, to contain, to contain, to contain.♪

♪Willy Wonka, Willy Wonka♪

♪He's the one that you're about to meet.♪

♪Willy Wonka, Willy Wonka♪

♪He's a genius who just can't be beat.♪

♪The magician and the chocolate 'wiz♪

♪The best darn guy who ever lived♪

♪Willy Wonka here he is!♪

A red chair rose up from the floor and sparklers and fire began going off everywhere, and it ended up setting the dolls on fire and melting them, as well as the song becoming distorted.

Suddenly, everyone heard clapping and giggles coming from the far right. Everyone looked over to see a man in a dark red coat, with a top hat, huge round glasses, purple gloves, and a cane. 

"Wasn't that magnificent?" He asked. "I was worried it was getting a little dodgy in the middle part, but then that finale...Wow!" He moved forwards and stood in front of the five families.

"Who are you?" Violet asked the man.

"He's Willy Wonka." Y/n said as if it was obvious.

Charlie tilted his head. "Really?"

Willy Wonka just sort of stared at the families and they shared looks but stared back, waiting if he would say something, anything.

"Good morning, starshine." He said awkwardly. "The Earth says hello." Nobody said anything, so Wonka reached into his coat and pulled out a set of cards with his symbol on it. "Dear guests, greetings. Welcome to the factory. I shake you warmly by the hand." He put his hand out but stopped when he realized nobody was going to shake it. He closed his hand and the purple gloves he was wearing made a distinct noise as it rubbed together. "My name is Willy Wonka." He gave a slight giggle.

"Then shouldn't you be up there?" Veruca pointed at the chair at the top of the stage with the burned dolls.

"I couldn't very well watch the show from up there, now, could I, little girl?" He placed his cards back into his coat. "Let's get a move on kids." He turned away and everyone else followed.

As they were walking past the stage Augustus spoke up. "Don't you want to know our names?"

"Can't imagine how it would matter." Wonka replied. "Come quickly. Far too much to see."

When they walked further inside, Y/n heard a noise and glanced back, seeing the metal door slide shut, making the room darker.