Chapter 7

"W-wha what *pop* the f-AGAIN-fuck are you even doing here!?"

I lowered my hatchet, gripping it tightly as my arms hang loosely on my sides. Confusion and annoyance swarmed my head as I stared down at the dark blue hooded man underneath me.

Furrowing my brows I slowly stepped away from them, letting them get back up.

'Why the fuck is he here? Is he following me? Why do we keep meeting like this!?'

Ej finally stood up straight, brushing off any debris on his pants and hoodie. Looked up at me, nodding. He held out a finger, signaling me to wait as he rummaged in his bag and took out the notepad and pen.

As he wrote furiously in it, I was analyzing him. Trying to see if he had anything hidden that might harm me, after all, he was following mere moments ago.

Finally done writing he raised the notepad to my face.

'You've escaped!! You listened! I told you the no-face man was bad! Now your free!'

Scrunching my face, I tilted my head to the side, "What? No fac- oh you mean slendy?! No, I didn't escape him! And I already told you that he isn't that bad!"

I saw them deflate

Going back to the notepad and showing me what he wrote.

'If you have not run from it, then why are you here all alone? Why are you far from its territory.' Frantically shoving the notepad in my face, desperate for answers.

"Wo-POP-w slow down there buddy! You're asking way *pop* too many questions that have no business with yo-NOSY-you. And besides, I was alone when we first met so what difference does that make."

I heard them grumble underneath the mask as they went back to their notepad.

'The difference is that you are now aware of how dangerous the being is, and I have a better understanding of who you are.'

I hummed in response, "I me-EEP-an we could've gotten to know *tic* each other way more if you haven't ditched on me the moment my friends ca-HERE-came." I said suddenly remembering how EJ and I were bonding until he straight up just left me. He made my friends think that I was talking to myself the whole time! Sure I'm crazy but not that crazy...okay maybe I am that crazy but my point still stands!

They started to rub their left arm as they looked down, clasping their hands together they started doing a bow-type motion.

"Are you apologizing?"

It nodded

I sighed, "it's alright I guess, I suppose you have your re-POP-asons you disappeared on me."

I finally put back my hatchets into their proper place since EJ didn't seem to cause me any harm. Looking back at him I said, "So bas -*tic*-ically you were just following me to see if I "escaped" slender?" Creating air quotes to point out how ridiculous it sounds.

He gave a little grumbled noise as he nodded, writing back on his notepad.

'When I saw you out here I believed you have escaped. I hoped that I can aid you and that you join me.'