Chapter 9

Was I currently running away from the cops? No, not yet at least. Instead what I was doing was running away from a house that me and Ej have just egged. Sure this may seem extremely childish and an action that a 19-year-old man - almost near their 20's - should not be doing, HOWEVER! In my defense, I never got the chance to experience these classic teenage experiences when I was a teen.

Anyway, that doesn't matter, what does matter is that I and Ej were far away from the house that we had just egged, giggling to ourselves as we both caught our breath.

Me and Ej have been just "vandalizing" the town with little things. Such as somehow finding paint and giving many buildings horrible new paint jobs, or even finding some random drunk men and ending up in a brawl 'By the way they started it not us!!!'.

Since I did say that I would not be killing anyone this night, not wanting to bring attention to me and Ej and have to deal with the cops. We both resort to little stuff like this, and this whole thing has been so much fun! It was very nice to just mess around with someone.

"S-so what's next?" I said, wiping the cold sweat from my forehead.

Ej hummed in response, already calming down their breathing.

"Hmmm," I looked around us, trying to see what else we could mess with.

As of now we were both hiding around the backyards of these suburban houses that had whole forests as their backyard, some had big fences while others didn't. My eyes landed on a house in the distance that stood out from the others.

A bright light shone in the back and faint music could be heard, radiating from the house that had a tall white wooden fence around it. I began to walk towards it, "Why don't we -POP- check over there? The house all the way ov-over there?"

Ej followed my gaze and saw the house, visibly tensing up. They gave out an unsure noise.

"C-c-come on, let's go -POP- check it out! What can go wrong?"

Reluctantly Ej followed me, as we got closer the music started to get louder and the sound of human chatter grew along with some laughter. I tried to see through the cracks of the wooden fence to get a visual but it didn't do much, so instead I started to climb. Ej tugged at my pants, shaking their head repeatedly.

"Don't worry I-I just wan-wa-wanna get a peak." I hoisted myself up despite Ej's protest, finally getting a better view on the other side of the fence. I was greeted by a wave of people all dancing and talking, some holding beers and others holding each other, music blasting through the speakers. "Ah, it's a party!"

I dropped back down, landing softly "It's a p-party!"

Ej nodded crossing his arms.

"Why don't -CRASH- we crash it?"

Immediately he shook his head, grabbed my sleeve gently, and tried to drag me with him.

"Come ooonn, it'll be fun! This can -POP- be the last thing befo-before we head off!" I pleaded, I have never been to a party before, and now that I have the chance I want to take advantage of it.

Ej simply gave out a stressful sigh as they reached for their bag and took out their notepad, scribbling in it quickly.

'It's too risky, there's way too many people here and we'll be getting too much attention.'

"Pfft, no we w-won't unless if you're talking about o-our mask -POP- then yeah we're definitely getting attention. So let's sim-simply take them off and boom we'll blend right i-in!" I said dismissing Ej's worries, "B-besides what's the worst that can happen?"