Episode 3: His Memories

(Note: This is the prince's point of view.)

━━ Life is boring.

That's what I thought when I was 5 years old.

Dylan Vermerio is a child born from the king of the Kingdom of Vermerio and his concubine. By far the best of the royal family, there is nothing he can't do. Handsome, and highly gifted. The second prince, who is known to be a person of exceptional talent. That is me.

Since I was young, everything I did was perfect.

When taught a language, I could read and write it immediately, and when using magic I would improve.

Having the same blonde hair as father with sapphire eyes and an appearance I inherited from mother that is also told to be beautiful, even father was fond of it.

My mother had a weak health and seemed to have died giving birth to me, so father might have felt sorry for me. Although I was a child of a concubine, I was allowed to meet the king frequently.

I was happy. He would praise me even if I didn't do as well as elder brother.

'Really? You did well.' Being told that one thing was enough for me. It doesn't have to be as much as elder brother. As long as I am recognized a little...

People around me also call me special. Saying that my talent could be of use to the king.

Of course, I agreed. For father that I love so much. Because then, he will acknowledge me more. I didn't wish for anything special. I just want to work hard to be acknowledged. Even a little, I want to be praised by father.

This time I was happy. I could still be a child.

It was elder brother who smashed my happiness, to begin with. I heard his marks were not as good as mine even though he was a child born from the king and queen.

I have no intention of becoming the king, so he was promised to become king, but having a younger brother that is better than him, he probably didn't like having a concubine's child that is better than he is to be around father.

Elder brother was feeling jealous, it's not cute.

Having a younger brother that is better than himself, shattered his self-esteem and gave him an inferiority complex. I also think being born from the queen was probably the main reason my younger sister doesn't care about me.

What the child does is merciless and cruel.

Elder brother used the authority of the crown prince inside the royal palace.

The next day, the tutor who often praised me did not come. Even Cattleya, the maid who happily laughs as she says how the prince is a genius, has apparently returned to her hometown.

That person, this person, and people who were around me have one by one disappeared. By the time I realized that it was elder brother's doing, I had already lost my place in the palace.

(Note: To avoid confusion, he's not talking about a place to live, but rather a place to belong to. So he basically means he doesn't belong in the royal palace anymore.)

Everyone is avoiding me. No, no one will talk to me. They will whisper and say something about me.

"I don't know what the crown prince will do to me if I get along with the second prince."

I also heard them saying that. 'The crown prince has a higher position than the second prince. I haven't even heard of his mother's family, he has no backing.'