Episode 4: Her Memories

(Note: We're back to Berthia's POV)

After the prince went home, I was alone thinking.

Since I have never captured the prince, I don't know his past and even what's about to happen to him from here. Will his emotional scars be healed after meeting the heroine? Will he be in contact with the heroine before entering the academy?

Ahh! I should have asked more from my best friend!

I know it's too late to regret it now, I didn't anticipate him to have this much despair. The knight I captured was a positive person and did not have problems as severe as this.

I mean, he was childhood friends with the heroine because they had been together since they were young.

It would be good if the prince was to meet the heroine in this time like the knight. It sounds wrong, but it would be nice if the heroine could give him all the therapy.

However, after talking to the prince for a month, it didn't feel like that, and it was hard for me to think that the prince who has a fiancée would meet other girls. And the heroine is still a commoner at that. Can the still-commoner heroine be lucky enough to meet the royal family? Berthia, who spent 9 years and a half in this world, knows. That is impossible. Even though this is an Otome game's world, it is unlikely.

If I were to guess, the prince will not meet the heroine until he entered the academy, and he will have to spend the next 5 years carrying his scars.

Isn't that a bit too cruel? Being with a fiancée he doesn't even love, only to continuously wait for a helping hand to be stretched out. As long as he hasn't met the commoner heroine, he will not be saved. This would surely make it worse.

Moreover, during that time, there was nothing I could do but watch. Leaving a suffering child for many years.

━━ That's impossible.

In my previous life, I had 2 younger sisters and 2 younger brothers. I was the eldest daughter of a rare 5 siblings at this time. My younger sisters were good and didn't need much help, but my younger brothers really gave me a hard time. Instead of my working parents, without even joining a club in school, I would rush home to do the chores and care for my younger brothers. No matter how many times I scold them for boy fights and dangerous plays, they would only apologize but still go home with bruises.

My younger brother who was closest to my age would play around, and wouldn't even listen to my warnings. My younger brother who is 6 years younger than me saw such raised older brother and grew up to be a cocky brat.

I was still a high school student and was fully occupied by my wild and stupid brother. Even my best friend helped me somehow, but the short-tempered her would immediately start to fight with my younger brother.

"Hey, you. Stop giving your older sister trouble! If you don't get it together, I'll kick your ass!"

She said and knocked my brother off his feet. Of course, I panicked and rushed over to my brother who had a nosebleed, but he pushed me away and left the house. I was worried that he might have ran away from home, but he eventually came back, so I let it go. He didn't speak to me for a while though.

However, on the day of my youngest sister's birthday. Because of their jobs, our parents could not come home, so only the five of us ate dinner together. My younger sister entertained herself with her favorite omurice (Omelette Rice) but suddenly burst into tears while my angry younger brothers also held it in while eating.