Episode 8: The Prince's Aide

"Please look!"

An afternoon with gentle sunlight.

Like an elder nobleman in a certain mito(?), I flaunted the cards inside the case to the prince. In contrast to me who was proud, the prince smiled bitterly.

(Note: The original was '某水戸のご老公様' which I couldn't find the meaning of. So, if someone does, don't hesitate to correct this.)

"This time, it's not self-made. I got a craftsman to make it."

I looked at the prince with a puffy and satisfied face.

Your highness, the me today is totally different.

Last time, the problem was the prince memorizing the cards I had made myself. Although we tried various things with trials and error, I gave up crying because it was impossible to continue with self-made cards.

However, it's me who didn't let it be. Using the influence of the Thibus Family, I had a craftsman make it. Asking it to be made after I sketched it, he gladly agreed. Being rich is amazing. Thank you for listening to my selfishness, father. I'll gift you a painting next time.

The new cards were drawn on a plastic-like material like a beautiful picture dancing.

If we can play fun games with beautiful cards, can we also commercialize this!? That is what I thought, but according to the craftsman, this plastic-like material is expensive so ordinary people can't buy it. Drawing designs is also difficult, so mass production is impossible as expected.

My rich hobbies only increased.

Sitting on the chair with his arms crossed, the prince tilted his head.

"By the way, why is Schwartz here?"

"Please don't glare at me......."

"Ah, I called for him."

I raised my hand and this time, the prince glared at me.

"Erm, well, I thought it would be more fun to play cards together."

"Lady Berthia, though it's a rare invitation, I respectfully decline."

Standing up from his seat, the one with dark blue hair, dark brown eyes, and glasses is a handsome young man. His name is Schwartz Rizio. A character who possesses good looks aside from the prince and when I saw him, I couldn't help but think people with good looks surrounded me.

Schwartz is the prince's childhood friend, and also seems to be his aide.

Damn, even the prince has friends, does he? I'm the only one who doesn't. Is it really? It's a secret that I cried privately alone.

"It's not like I'm telling you to disappear."

"Then won't you please stop glaring."

When the prince said that bluntly, Schwartz problematically laughed and shrugged his shoulders. Despite being his close aide, Schwartz speaks in a rather informal way.

The prince seems to care about him, they're good friends.

I cheerfully smiled with a warm and soft feeling.

"The two of you seem to get along well, so let's play immediately!"

"Bell is in the wrong in the first place."

The prince forcefully sat Schwartz who stood up, glared at me in a bad mood. His anger suddenly turned to me so I was surprised.

Why? When I spilled out my thought, the prince smiled sweetly unable to hide his mood. Please stop intimidating me with a smile. Because it's scary.