Episode 7: The Flower Prince

I glared at my hands on the table inside a cabin filled with the smell of rose. In front of me is the prince smiling with contentment while provokingly waving his last card.

I frowned and bit my lip.

"Bell, this won't end."

"Grrrr...."

I forcibly moved my trembling hands and drew the remaining card on the prince's hand. What I have is nothing but the silly clown(card).

"Okay. I win."

"Why......Just why!"

5 matches, 5 losses.

This prince is too good.

A couple of months have passed since I have successfully achieved 80% of 'Operation Friends'. We played various games together but I have never won.

"Again, let's play one more time!"

"You know, Bell unexpectedly hates losing."

Among my brothers, only in old maid, my Pokerface's power was strong, and yet...... To think I can't win even with this.

(Note: Old maid or 'babanuki' is a Victorian card game for two or more players probably deriving from an ancient gambling game in which the loser pays for the drinks. To know the more, consult google. Hehe. Sorry, I'm not familiar with this card game,at all.)

"Am I easy to read?..."

"Hmm, not really but. This...card game, right? It's self-made right?"

"Yes. It's a game I thought of."

The truth is, card games do not exist in this world. There are games like chess but there are no card games.

Because of that, me wanting to play card games, have no choice but to make one. Though, I think it became rather a great success.

"It's because I was having quite a hard time in the beginning but, in the second half, I memorized the cards."

"Memorized the cards?"

"Like this, the 7 of hearts have a little scratch and the 11 of spades have a cut here."

"Don't tell me you memorized all of it?"

"I remembered it."

The prince smiled sweetly and shrugged his shoulders.

I see. I was stupid to try winning against this person.

"Then we can't use these cards anymore......?"

"It won't work if it's a game where numbers and symbols are essential."

"Ehhhh...... I had games I wanted to play more......"

Like daifugo or fan-tan. I want to do something exciting for the first time in a while!

(Note: daifugo also known as Tycoon, is a Japanese shedding-type card game for three or more players played with a standard 52-card pack. For more click . Fan-Tan or fantan is a gambling game long played in China. It is a game of pure chance which has similarities to roulette. For more info, again search Google if your interested.)

Ignoring my puffed-up cheeks (due to dissatisfaction), the prince began talking. His attitude towards me was excessively casual.