●Chapter 1●Drupad's Vengeance●

Panchal is a prosperous kingdom in Aryavart. It is known for the Grand Temple of Mahadev. Panchal is also known for its beauty. It's vast plains which was filled with different plants and trees, deers drinking water in the pond, swans swimming in the lotus pond, children playing merrily in water is a beauty to behold. Panchal not only has beauty it has a vast army. It has 2 Akroni sena, which has foot soldiers to skilled warriors. Defeating the army of Panchal is not an easy feat.

Panchal is ruled by Maharaj Drupad son of former Maharaj Prishata and Maharani Suchithra unfortunately both them died of old age. Drupad was the student of Rishi Bharadwaj. Drupad was immensely talented and became an excellent warrior. His primary weapon is sword and bow. He also learned illusions from his guru which immensely helped him in the battlefield. He quickly befriended Drona Son of Rishi Bharadwaj. He promised that he will help him after he becomes a king. When Dronacharya came to his palace to give him two cows, Drupad's Kshatriya ego blinded his eye and he insulted him. Drona swore vengeance and vowed his students will make him kneel before him for his insult.

Years later he married Rajkumari Prishati. They both welcomed a baby girl named Shikandini. But unfortunately Maharani Prishati died after a year due to illness. Drupad was heart broken, he loved his wife with all his heart. Her death had a massive impact on his life, he became so egoistic and cold hearted. Drupad knew Shikandini was the reincarnation of Devi Amba, the estranged princess of Kashi. Drupad was elated, it is a known fact that both Hastinapur and Panchal were sworn enemies for decades.

Drupad knew Devi Amba's reincarnation will be the cause of death of Bhishma. So he trained her. Shikandini proved to be an exceptional warrior. She also remembered her past life as Devi Amba. She hated Bhisma with all her heart. Her heart yearns for revenge. So she made her life purpose to kill Bhishma. She focused on her training and proved that she can better than renowned warriors of Panchal. Soon she became the Senathipathi of Panchal sena.

Drupad was burning with vengeance. Why you can ask.... It is because of that Drona. As promised Drona took his revenge. His students defeated his army easily and captured him and made him kneel in front of Drona. Not only this, he took half of his kingdom and made him crown his son Aswathama as King of Northern Panchal. His mind was focused on only thing REVENGE. He wants to take revenge from Drona for taking half of his kingdom and for humiliating him. No no not revenge he wants Drona to die gruesomely. But how can he? Drona is well protected by Hastinapur royals and his students mainly Rajkumar Arjun. Drupad may not admit but he was impressed by the valour of Arjun.

His daughter Shikandini can't do anything. She couldn't even defeat those princes how can she kill Bhishma. He shouldn't have trusted his daughter too much, after all what a girl can do. He just needs a son who will avenge him for his insult. A son powerful enough to face the army of Hastinapur, a son who has the capability to face the princes of Hastinapur, a son who can kill Drona. An idea popped in his mind. He smirked and chuckled darkly "Drona, my dear mithr be ready for your DEATH"

--
So this is the first chapter of Rashmi. How was it?
Drupad craves vengeance.
Next chapter about the birth of fire borns.
Stay tunes!

Ramsri