CHAPTER 2

… what jack shit.

I'm still not getting used to life here.

Having lived as Kim Jin-young of Korea for over 30 years, this may be a natural result.

Accustomed to the sweet things of modern civilization, I could not even memorize the phone number of a close friend, so I was unable to make calls by myself without going through the my phone’s contact list.

Remembering that I didn't let go of my cell phone until I fell asleep, I still fumbled by my bedside and opened my eyes, and I often imagined brushing my teeth with a cool mint-scented toothpaste while rubbing my teeth with a broken branch.

Soap. Toothbrush. Toothpaste. In particular, daily necessities such as toilet paper were desperately needed.

The biggest problem was the bathroom.

The toilet here was located on the outer wall of the top floor of the building. When you open the door, there is a wooden board so that you can sit down, and there is a hole in the middle, so if you sit down and do business, excrement falls under the hole.

It is similar to the conventional toilet in Korea, but the difference is that instead of squatting, you sit on a plank like a chair to do your business, but the filth is dripping out of the building.

If the building is on the street, you may be struck by excrement like lightening while passing by, or if someone raises their head, the situation in which you are doing your business will be broadcast live.

How about washing? There was no running water, so I had to wash with the water that the maid brought me. I tried to refrain from washing my hair in less than five days because I felt sorry, but everyone treated me like a luxurious woman comparable to Marie Antoinette.

I suffered from severe constipation as I restrained myself from going to the bathroom. Nothing went my way to wash, eat, or pooping.

For the sake of my mental health, I decided to cry when I wanted to cry and get annoyed when I wanted to be annoyed instead of forcing myself to hold it.

But I couldn't hurt other people. So in the evening, I would go up a hill near my house and shout with all my might.

It was a little awkward at first, but later on, all kinds of sticky swear words were mixed like spice.

Sometimes it felt like someone was watching, but when I looked back, there was only a thick bush. I guess it was literally just a feeling.

I was only screaming into the empty air, but after howling like a beast, I felt a little free in my heart.

As time went on, climbing the hill became annoying. After enduring for a few days, I screamed while inside house, and Ella came out, and a servant who was passing by witnessed it.

It was a perfect situation to be misunderstood. In their eyes, it might look like I was annoyed with the innocent Ella.

Like it or not, I was about to ignore it and move on, but then I remembered Cinderella's ending and I woke up.

Just as there is a saying that ‘If you change your shoes in a field where cucumbers are ripe, it looks like you are picking cucumbers, if misunderstandings pile up like this one by one, things may get out of control later.'

Thinking that I must be friendly with Ella, I remembered her eating habit that is second to that of a food fighter.

I had been resting because of a mental breakdown, but I had cooking skills that has been honed over the past 12 years of living on my own.