CHAPTER 3

Trimaine's expression, looking into something, looked serious. It had been a while, but I've seen this expression before. The face of a colleague who received the notice of enlistment was exactly like this.

Thinking that something serious had happened, I approached her with my mind ready.

Feeling my presence, she lifted her head. She murmured with a tired face as she glanced at the paper in her hand.

“The royal family has sent us an invitation to attend the ball.”

“A ball?”

I opened my eyes wide at the sound of my ears popping open and looked at Trimaine.

Isn't the ball the main highlight of the Cinderella story?

When I thought that it was finally coming, my heart suddenly began to race.

While there was the excitement of witnessing a scene from a fairy tale with my own eyes, there was also a vague fear of what would happen after that.

As the moment came earlier than I expected, I didn’t know how I should react.

Then, my gaze turned to Trimaine, who had a stiff face the whole time. Contrary to the expectation that she would be excited at the thought of going in a fancy dress, her face was full of worry.

“Is there any problem?”

When I asked carefully, Trimaine, who lifted her eyes from the invitation, shook her head as if it was nothing special.

Then don't make that kind of face.

I wanted to turn away, but I couldn't walk away. As I continued to stare, wondering what was going on, Trimaine opened her mouth.

“Since it’s a royal ball… I am concerned about the the dresses.”

What is this. Were you that serious about choosing clothes?

After all, I thought that there was nothing that serious, but Trimaine continued.

“I can wear what I have, but it’s a debut stage for you in the social world, so you can’t go on wearing what you usually wear. But not just one dress, we have to order three dresses all at once...”

Trimaine, whose words blurred towards the end, sighed. I was sorry that I misunderstood herwithout knowing that so I just stood there while moving my lips slightly.

Trimaine’s eyes turned to the invitation to the ball again. In her head, it seemed that she was doing the calculations, checking the finances of the house.

As I watched Trimaine drenched in worries, I belatedly could feel the life of the head of the family being put on her shoulders.

She must have been in her late 30s at most, but it was not enough that she suffered the pain of having to lose her husband twice, but she has to take care of her remaining daughters.

Considering that I was 31 years old when I was Kim Jin-young, I was still in my prime.

I wanted to lighten Trimaine’s burden a little.

With a quick brainstorm, it flashed across my head that Trimaine was a twice married noblewoman. Of course, she would have had a lot of experiences going to a party.

"I don't think we will have to buy a new dresses."

When I spoke in a slightly brighter voice, she looked at me as if she were wondering what I was talking about.

“We can alter it and wear ii.”

“Alter it?”

Trimaine asked, raising her eyebrows wide. Because it was unimaginable from her point of view.