CHAPTER 4

The inside of the rattling carriage was enveloped in uncomfortable silence. Trimaine turned her head and looked out of her window, Drizella fumed like a middle schooler whose phone was taken away.

“How a person be that cruel? If you were going to do that, then don't make it in the first place. What is the symbol of dress ripping on the day of the ball?”

Ella's desperate eyes were already killing me, but Drizella added with her words.

Instead of replying, I sighed quietly.

That’s right. How can you fathom the depths of my heart?

‘Mother and sisters should go.’

It was Ella who persuaded Drizella to go. However, Drizella must have known that she would have attended even without Ella’s persuasion. Ignoring an invitation with a royal seal was seen as more than disrespectful, it was a grave felony.

'I… I'll be doing some housework.’

Like the heroine in the book, Ella covered her mouth and ran out sobbing. The uncomfortable atmosphere subsided more heavily due to the sob noises she made as she ran out.

In the midst of such a tomb-like silence, we finally arrived at the royal palace.

Drizella, who seemed like she would eat me up, couldn’t hide her curious expression and twinkling eyes when she arrived at the royal palace. As expected, a child was a child.

The palace, which we were guided through, was larger and more splendid than I had imagined. Even though I tried not to, but due to the beautiful and magnificent sight, my mouth kept opening wide.

The clothes of the people filling the banquet hall were also very luxurious. They were chatting leisurely instead of exuding rustic flair like us. I slowly moved to the corner, noticing my lack of qualifications.

The commotion suddenly seemed to stop, and then a fanfare rang out and the king appeared. Then, like the headmaster, who gave a speech at morning assembly, he gave a full speech.

My gaze turned to the prince who appeared with the king and the queen. Indeed, as in the children's storybooks, he had a handsome face with an air of grace and elegance flowing out.

In terms of dramas, he was like the 3rd generation head of a chaebol who has just started participating in management?

I took a moment to imagine what would happen if I had eye contact with the prince instead of Ella.

That would truly be the real Cinderella. I laughed out loud at the fresh thought, but I felt a hot gaze on my cheek.

The moment I turned my eyes, I met intense blue eyes. Even though he wasn't very close, the illusion arose as if I was looking at the blue sea.

Who was he?

I narrowed my eyes and looked at the man. I only met his eyes, but my ears became deaf and my heart began to pound.

Even though it was the first time I had met him, I seemed to feel a strange sense of déjà vu. Maybe I fell into such a nonsensical delusion by seeing a man who was nice enough to catch the attention of those around him rather than just the scruffy servants I saw everyday.

Even though I knew it was rude, I couldn't avoid his gaze. I couldn't move as if I were an insect caught in a spider's web.

It was the first time I had stared intently at a man I didn't know, and it was the first time I had been caught in such a strange feeling.

When I came to my senses, there was music was playing. Before I knew it, the king's speech ended and the ball began.

Oh my god. How fascinated was I.