CHAPTER 5

"Did you know that the Fairy Godmother would appear?"

The next morning. Ella, whose face was glowing, whispered secretly.

Ella seemed to have noticed the meaning of 'You may resent me now, but the day will come when you will thank me.' Even though her magic had been lifted, she was still drenched in the emotions of yesterday.

Instead of answering, I smiled silently. Unlike yesterday, when I was buoyed, I was strangely depressed.

"I thought all the things like fairies and magic were made up by people...."

Ella, who had been muttering in excitement, drooped her shoulders, blurring the end of her words. Then she went on in a melancholy voice.

"Time went by so quickly."

"Yes. It did."

"Will he remember me?"

"Who knows."

I replied helplessly, recalling the blue eyes of the man whose eyes pierced into me without hesitation. And...

'Never. Don't go anywhere.'

The heavy bass of his voice lingered in my ears.

"It seems like I fell in love at first sight."

"Is that so?"

A sigh escaped both me and Ella's mouths at the same time.

"Unless I borrow the power of magic, such a dreamlike moment will never come again, right?"

Ella asked with a face that looked like she could not dare to be greedy. Her eyes looked sad.

I was worried about what would happen if Ella complained that she wanted more fairies to come, but it didn't happen because she was a good-natured child.

She seemed to know early on that she had to stop dreaming. She knew that she had been dressed up through magic, so she had run with all her might.

However, I was the only one returning to a harsh reality, Ella had a rosy life that would unfold in front of her soon.

But I didn't say much. The reasons were complicated in many ways.

I just stared at Ella's painfully distorted face without saying a word.

A few days passed like that. And, as expected, the news came that they were looking for a woman who had dropped a glass slipper at the royal ball. It was said that he would marry the woman whose glass shoes fit her feet.

When I was a kid, I read it without much thought, but now that I look author it, it was absolutely absurd.

Declaring that he would marry a woman he met briefly at the ball was no different from two people who met at a club and headed straight for the wedding hall.

Above all, how many women were there in this country, and then to go looking for one woman one by one and have them try on a shoe? Besides, how many people have the same foot size 5?

In other words, someone's feet might fit the shoe even before he got to our house.

The idea that the only way to find a woman who made him fall in love at first sight that he wanted to marry her was to have women try on her shoe was absurd.

Unless he suffered from severe facial blindness, it means that he was so stupid that he couldn't even remember the face of the woman he danced with for hours.

The curiously improbable development perked my curiosity which had faded away.

The helplessness that was tormenting me after the ball also helped.