Serkan

"Ezgi! Are you Ezgi?" The man asked. "Yes, who are you?" She asked puzzled, why is this stranger so excited at seeing her and how does he know her name? "Ezgi! It's me! Serkan! From elementary school! You were always with that big eyed girl with the huge spectacles..." he said trying to think of their mutual friend's name. "Denise" they said at the same time, acknowledgement shone in her eyes. Serkan was her childhood crush, he had grown to be as beautiful as did when he was a boy, she always knew she had good taste. She once told Denise that she will married him when are they older. Serkan left school after awhile, moving to America because of his dad job. Osan attended the same school too but moved as well. Wow, this is all a huge coincident. "What... why are you here?" She asked after recovering from the shock. "Why am I back in Ankara? Or why am I knocking your door at 6am?" He laughs. He was just as she remembered, radiant and always happy. "I ... this is my father's property. I am just staying for a few weeks. Taking a break from life in Istanbul." She confess, oddly truthful. "City life is tough huh? Tell me about it. Ankara is a large city too but somehow Ankara feels different and more at home. I had spent time in New York too but had to take a break, came back home to see my parents who retired back home here." He said, fully understanding, "I offered to help the little boy living here, apparently he broke some pipes but didn't dare tell his parents." Ezgi laugh, this man made a promise with a little boy so the little boy would avoid a scolding. It was quite funny. "Oh well, they had left, they are moving to a newer apartment nearer to the city. But you can come in and take a look, I will pay you." She said as she opened her doors. "Oh, the little boy is not paying me. I am doing this for free. I will never take money from a little boy." He raised his hands in defence. "I know I am just kidding. Come on in, I will you make a cup of tea." She laughs again.

Its a weird day really, she had not laugh this much in weeks. She had not met Serkan in over two decades but they spoke so freely. She had had a great time catching up and really enjoyed herself. "Oh oh and we made that stupid pact when we were young remember, you said if we were not married at 30, you would married me!" She laughs again at their young antics, really what do kids know about love. Serkan laugh but grew quiet, "We are 30 now, so tell me, are you married?" She looked at him, the conversation had taken a sharp turn, "I was going to but I got pregnant, my boyfriend found out he had a child from an ex-lover, so I left him" was the correct answer but instead she smile at her cup and said, "Nope, never been married, what about you?" He laughs, "No too, then maybe we should get married in Ankara." She smile again but grew a little sad and Serkan seems to pick that up. "Are you in Ankara, avoiding anyone from Istanbul by any chance?" He was curious and he seemed to hit the nail in the coffin because he was not ready for her reaction next. She started crying, then sobbing and started brawling. He was shocked to say the least, unsure of what to do. It was an innocent question, he was here in Ankara too, taking a break from his toxic ex. He assumed she was too, maybe but when he told him her story, it was certainly far more dramatic than his.

Friends who have never met for decades turned into best friends in hours. Serkan even offered to stay for the night but she was adamant that it was not necessary. The next few days were filled with Serkan, they went to the local market and revisited their old school, life away from Ozgur was surprisingly breathable with Serkan. In Istanbul, however, Ozgur was in living hell. Ezgi's mother shop re-opened again, they were surprisingly sympathetic towards him and repeatedly told him that Ezgi was overseas with her father. "I am sorry Ozgur. I understand you did nothing wrong, but I hope you would forgive me for saying this. My daughter ... she is stubborn, she suffered a little when her dad and I divorce, it is why she is so obsessed with finding "the one" but she is also selfish, she wants to be "the one" not one of two." Ezgi mum consoled Ozgur, hoping he will understand. They all knew Ozgur love Ezgi, one must be blind to not see, he lost so much weight in the past week and seems to be in a constant state of being on the verge of a breakdown. "Eat my boy, I made your favourite eggs" Uncle Inal brought out some eggs, "please don't refuse, you have lost too much weight." This made Ozgur felt even worse, her parents are so accepting, why can't she just accept the fact that he is so in love with her that he can't live without her? He jumped when his phone rang and frantically scoop it out, he had been like that since Ezgi left. He didn't want to miss any calls. It was Ezgi, for the first time since Ezgi left, a smile broke his face. "Ozgur?" "Ezgi" he breathes, it was her. "Will you be home today?" she asked. "Yes, of course, in 45 mins I will be" He reply quickly, even though the road home would take two hours, but he will speed back. He had memorise every corner and path of the 100+ km road between his house and this cafe in Bursa in the past week. She hang up after a quick "goodbye" He was smiling radiantly now, announcing his need to rush home back to Ezgi. Sympathy was written clearly on Uncle Inal and Ezgi's mother face, they knew she was going to say goodbye and pick up her stuff but they didn't had the heart to tell him. They just nodded and sent him on his way.

Mr Wrong Season 2 - Miss Wrongजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें