Chapter 2 - A Big Decision

Princess Twilight Sparkle was alarmed when she received a letter from Celestia. Celestia requested that Twilight come to Silver Shoals as soon as possible. So, Twilight, accompanied by her Royal Advisor Spike the dragon and her famous friends, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy packed their things and got on the next train to Silver Shoals, located between Fillydelphia and Baltimare, on the coast of the East Celestial sea.

As soon as Twilight arrived, she was greeted by the town's residents on the platform. Twilight asked, "Where is ex-princess Celestia?" She's at her home on Mane street," responded a blue pegasus from the crowd. "She is waiting for your arrival." Pushing through the crowd, careful not to lose her companions, Twilight headed to Mane street, on the docks. 

It wasn't hard to find the Royal Sisters' home among them. It was easily the grandest building in the whole town. A large, classical mansion overlooking the sea towered over Mane street, with a garden of fruit trees and rose bushes in front. There was even a golden statue of the Royal Sisters in the center of the garden, sitting on a tiny marble island in a large pond with shimmering goldfish in it. 

A red-brown Earth pony in a butler's suit led the group to Celestia's room, where Celestia and Luna sat on a lush blue sofa. The walls were marble, covered in paintings, with a marble fireplace with gold embellishments and a matching coffee table in one corner and Philomena's cage in another. Red velvet curtains hung from the window.

The Royal Sisters awaited Twilight and the Council of Friendship in the middle of the gorgeous  room, and they both looked very unhappy. Luna had bags under her eyes, as if she hadn't slept for days, and Celestia's eyes darted around the room, latching on to painting after painting, as if the ex-princess was admiring the art, but it was clear she was troubled by something. 

"Please leave us, Crimson," said Celestia

"Please leave us, Crimson," said Celestia. The butler bowed politely and exited. Celestia greeted the Mane Six and gestured them to sit on the sofa. The ponies obliged. "Dear Twilight," said Celestia. "Luna has made some troubling discoveries several days ago. She was visited by Nightmare Moon." All the guests gasped. 

"Nightmare Moon? But how? Wasn't she destroyed all those years ago?" shouted Rainbow Dash. "Please, keep your voice down. We don't want word to spread," said Celestia. "I just found out yesterday the Luna has been visited and tormented by Nightmare Moon many times." "But how?" asked Twilight. "She was destroyed, right?"

"She cannot be fully destroyed," responded Luna. "She will always be a part of me. My cutie mark. My destiny. Nothing can change that. Yes, she visited me many times. She would lead long discussions with me, trying to persuade me to join the dark side. But I never did. I didn't want to become her again. Several days ago she brought some astonishing news." "What is it? What did she tell you?" asked Spike. 

"There is no easy way to say this," said Celestia, putting her hoof around Luna. "Nightmare Moon isn't the only being to be banished in space. Grogar was banished there too." The room gasped again. Everyone present had heard stories of Grogar's tyranny, and knew that he was banished, but the nature of his banishment was never specified.