Chapter 11 - Hope for all of us

The two princesses and their companions went back to Canterlot in the chariot. They were joined by Myron who, noticing Luster's cutie mark in the sky, came out of the castle to watch. He bowed slightly, but respectfully upon seeing Princess Twilight Sparkle, and when he noticed Rachel watching nearby, he ran to her and hugged her tightly, knowing his friend was okay. Furthermore, the group had to make a pause before leaving to watch Myron's transformation. He turned gray with a magenta abdomen, but his eyes remained the same soft green. 

Weeks after the events in the Undiscovered West, a huge celebration was organized in Canterlot

Weeks after the events in the Undiscovered West, a huge celebration was organized in Canterlot. All of Equestria seemed to have gathered before the Canterlot Castle to watch a sixth princess enter their lives. That day, Luster Dawn's mane and tail were coiffured to perfection, and her gown glistened in the rays of the sun. She wore new golden horseshoes embellished with topaz. Before she was to get coronated, there was one last thing to take care of. The doors of the throne room were opened, and Princess Twilight Sparkle, followed by Princess Celestia and Princess Cadence with her family entered. Celestia's yellow aura carried a satin red pillow holding the most magnificent tiara Equestria has ever seen. 

It had been crafted the morning before. Twilight had taken Luster Dawn to the East Wing and the pair stood on a balcony, watching the sunrise. Twilight concentrated, and her magenta aura appeared around her horn. She was casting a spell. Luster watched, mesmerized, as golden flakes started to appear in the air around them. This gold dust began to swirl around the pair as it gathered strength, then changed its course at one point at Luster's hooves. The flakes and dust came together, forming a tiara of extraordinary beauty. "Its my coronation gift to you," Princess Twilight said. "This tiara was crafted from the dust of the sun."

Now, on the day of the coronation, the tiara sat proudly on the satin pillow carried by Princess Celestia. Princess Twilight refused to entrust the tiara to anyone else. The crowd of ponies, dragons, yaks, hippogriffs, and other species outside were cheering and chanting for Luster Dawn to come out. "Alright," Celestia laughed, hearing the noise. "We better hurry." Furthermore, all of Luster's friends and relatives gathered around her to give her their finals suggestions before she was to be crowned. 

"Oh Luster, I don't even know what to say," Trixie, her mother, began. Her father, Sunburst was holding on to his wife and smiling proudly at his daughter. They both showed their love for her crystal clear, and no words needed to be said. Then the Mane Six gathered around to give Luster their words of wisdom. "Don't be afraid to take risks and have an adventure once in a while," Rainbow Dash said. "Don't let your new position overwhelm you. Laugh every day," Pinkie Pie said. "Don't let all this princess stuff get to your head and work hard," Applejack laughed. "Value yourself and never forget - you are beautiful inside," Rarity advised. "Love every citizen of your kingdom and beyond," Fluttershy smiled. "And finally," said Sunset Shimmer, who had been invited from the Human World to join the celebration, "never forget the policy that has inspired so many - forgive those who have wronged you, and let go of the past."

"Remember your duty, protect Equestria and all you love," Celestia and Luna said. "We did that for a long time, it's your turn now." "Ah, love. Don't ever forget the love you give and take," Cadence advised. "Yeah, what mom said," Flurry Heart smiled. Luster's own friends then gathered around her and started talking all at once. Luster laughed at their silliness. And after that, Luster was approached by the two souls she had helped save - the former villain and manipulator, Cozy Glow, and the great ram-pony Rachel. Rachel stepped forward first. "No words are enough to thank you, Luster Dawn," she said. "Without you, I would be hopeless. That is who you are - the Bringer of Hope in Equestria." "And don't forget about us, antagonists," Cozy Glow chimed in. "We need hope sometimes, too. Thanks for being a part in my journey to seeing the light." "Don't thank me," Luster smiled. "Your saviour's right there." She pointed to Diamond Tiara, who was standing in the corner, talking to her best friend, Silver Spoon. 

"Speaking of which," Cozy Glow said, "whatever happened to Lord Tirek and Queen Chrysalis?" "That's a story for another time," Luster Dawn answered. "Now, I really gotta go out there. The crowd refuses to wait." "All right then," Twilight Sparkle said. "Join the crowd outside," she gestured to everyone in the throne room. Immediately, everyone left to get to their reserved seats before the coronation would begin without them. 

Finally, accompanied by a fanfare of trumpets, Luster Dawn, displaying pride but feeling nervous went onto the huge balcony that opened up to the crowd. She was followed by Princess Twilight Sparkle, Ruler of Equestria, and Princess Cadence, ruler of the Crystal Empire. The crowd quieted down to hear the speech. Twilight began: "Just like Celestia had found and crowned me to become the princess I am, I am here today to crown this alicorn to become the great princess she will become. There isn't much more for me to say - you have all heard of her great deeds of compassion, providing a ray of light to those who were lost in the dark."

"A few weeks ago, she saved the daughter of our ex-princess Luna. She also helped to save Cozy Glow, who we are all familiar with, from a life spent in the shadows, plotting evil deeds. For many of us, standing here, awaiting her coronation, Luster Dawn has been a ray of hope when we believed there was no one left who could or would help us. She proved us wrong in our assumptions that we are worthless. And today I will make it official - this ray of hope shall become a princess of what she has mastered, and she will become hope for all of us!" At those words, many audience members and Twilight herself teared up, while Trixie and Sunburst were practically sobbing in their front-row seats. 

With that said, Twilight and Cadence lifted up the tiara in perfect unison. For a moment, the rays of the afternoon sun made the tiara sparkle like the sun itself. And with a swift motion, the tiara was placed on Luster Dawn's head. 

"Good evening, Equestria!" Luster shouted after the cheering of the crowd and the fireworks died down. "As princess, I will say to you now: together, no darkness will be strong enough to swallow us. As long as we believe in our friendship, in our unity, there will always be a ray of hope! There will always be a way out! And no matter who or what threatens us, we can defeat our enemies together if we just believe in our capabilities. And that, my friends, is everything I stand for."