Chapter 5: Kris' Diary

June 9th, 2013

Oh god, oh god. My hand is trembling as I write this, and It's a stupid thing to be writing it down. When you do something illegal, the worst thing you can do is write down the evidence, but maybe if I write it, it will become more real and it can begin to calm me down. I've done it, I've stolen their bodies from the morgue. Oh god, it hasn't become more real. Well it has, and now I know I've done something stupid and so illegal, but what was I to do? I couldn't leave them there. I made them a promise to protect them, and now I would keep it.

But I'm a cop, I can't be doing this shit. Oh god, cameras! I didn't even think of that. I went dressed in black with a cap over my face. I'm allegedly on the path to becoming a detective and I didn't bother to even cover my face with a mask? I should slam my face into the wall and bust my empty head open for being such an idiot. Forget it, I'll deal with it when we come to it. My head is throbbing, I feel if I fall asleep and wake up, this will all be a nightmare except I can still smell the formaldehyde from the morgue.

They're at my cabin right now, sitting inside of a freezer. They can't stay there forever, but how do you preserve a body other than mummification? How horrifying. I'll think of something as soon as these racing thoughts stop. I just need them to stop...

June 16, 2013

Alright, the racing thoughts have finally stopped and I've figured out what I'm going to do. There are other methods to preservation and it's been staring me in the face. Taxidermy! I've only worked with animals, I can only imagine that human skin will be the same. There isn't much room for mistakes. If something goes wrong, they'll rot and then what? Into the ground? Absolutely not. So, in this notebook, that can now never fall into the wrong hands, I will be detailing the process to help me with Mia. Abigail, bless her heart and soul, was my friend too, but Mia has to be perfect....

Ah... I don't think that I'll be able to write down all that I did. That will always be committed to memory, every last bit of it. I sliced through Abigail, skinned her like a deer. It was like a suit. God the smell, it's deeply penetrated into my nostrils. For being frozen, it really did stink when it thawed out. It did help keep the blood intact, and since it had pooled underneath her, it was easy to remove in chunks. Believe me there was a lot of puking involved. It's not easy to remove the tissue from hands and feet. I was picking it out like meat from a crab leg.

I wondered how the girls would feel if they knew this was happening to their bodies. Maybe the process was disgusting, but the result would be beautiful... hopefully. It calmed me down a lot to sew Abigail's skin over the mold I had made. I didn't have to look at her eyeless face as I did it. Glass eyes were coming in the mail, but I would have to go out and buy her wig and clothes. The eyes would't be so suspicious given that I do taxidermy. If the cops looked, which they wouldn't, they wouldn't find it odd.

But no one knew about Abigail or Mia. They didn't even know where I had come from. I'll update again when I've finished with Mia. I should have been able to refine some of the process by then.

June 19, 2013

I'm a creator, a true artist. It's like they're alive and more beautiful than ever. It was a project beyond my experience, but what I have done is magnificent. Up on their pedestals like the queens they should have been treated as, their lives are immortalized. I picked up their dresses and wigs, dolling them up. Yes, they were like dolls. With the blood and guts gone, they are mannequins, visions of perfection. You almost can't tell that they were once corpses.

I have done the impossible. If the world knew they would revere me. This is what it should look like to preserve a body for burial, not the mess they serve to families every single day. Whoever you are, reading this, I am like a modern day Dr. Frankenstein, but I have created no monsters. My creations are to be loved, if only by me. Pride has blossomed within me, inflating me to new heights.

Before this, my life was meaningless, just a simple man going to work, fighting his demons, trying to make it in this world. Something has been missing all this time. I thought it was their absence, a piece of my heart lost in the world, but their return has made it clear that it wasn't them. This void inside of me has not been filled. I couldn't save them from death, but I did breathe new life into them. They could no longer be hurt by the cruel nature of this world. Pimps, predators, life itself couldn't touch them.

There are others like them. I was once like them, but it's easier in this life to be a man. They need protection and I can offer them this protection. My sense of purpose is sharpening, but what I haven't figured out yet is how I will be saving the others. They must end up like Mia and Abigail, but how? How to bring them in and convince them that this is the way? I must just bring them and force them to understand.

I haven't figured out why I'm still writing in this. A record should not be kept. Maybe later on I'll figure it out and I'll write the dedication on the inside cover. Or I could just burn this and live my life in secret. This is the path for me. I must save them, no one loves them. But I will. I will love them and all those who need to be acknowledged. You will not be forgotten as long as I am the one caring for you. To my future dolls, I will save you. I will make sure that you will always be remembered. No longer will you live in the shadows. I will build you a stage and I will be your spotlight. You'll have your sisters to keep you company as I protect you.

 You'll have your sisters to keep you company as I protect you

Hello, I posted a little early today.

We've had a very tragic death in my family, so it's possible I may not be able to write and update for next week. If that happens, I'll try to update later on during the week.

How is everyone?

How was this chapter??