●Chapter 2● Dhrishtadyumn ●

Maharaj Drupad wanted a son and he will go any lengths to get one. So he started searching for ways to get a son, but unfortunately he was always met with a dead end. Drupad is a stubborn man, he will not give up, so he continued searching for sages who can show a way to give him a son. Days turned into weeks and months, still he didn't find a way. Drupad was frustrated, but he kept thinking 'I need a son to kill Drona, so I can't give up' he used this as mantra. He told himself not to give up and searched again.

His hardwork had born fruit as soon he came across some sages who said they know a way to give him a son. Drupad was overjoyed, he asked them to help him. The sages too agreed. He thought 'Be ready Drona, for your death is in hands of my putr'

Drupad was seen doing a Yagna. Several hymns were said, Vedas were recited, everything that can please a God is done. Drupad was patiently doing everything as told by the sages.

                  He was waiting for the moment for his son to arrive

He was waiting for the moment for his son to arrive. He waited for many months surely he can wait for a few more hours.

On the other side the Senathipathi of Panchal Sena, the reincarnation of Devi Amba, Rajkumari Shikandini can be seen. She wore no jewelry and was as usual wearing an Armour, her body was slim and slender due to years of training and wars. Her stance was steady, her right hand hand was gripping the hilt of her sword, her dark brown eyes were narrowed and watching for any threats that can disrupt the yagna. Her beautiful face was blank not giving anything but her hazel eyes reflected her inner turmoil.

                  She was happy to get a brother but she was crushed by the fact that her father didn't trust her anymore

She was happy to get a brother but she was crushed by the fact that her father didn't trust her anymore. Sure she was beaten by Rajkumar Duryodhan but that does not mean she can't kill that Ganga Putr Devrat or The Mahamahim of Hastinapur Bhishma. She hates that man with all her heart. He was the reason for her misery in her past life. That arrogant man abducted her sisters and herself from their swayambar and asked them to marry that good for nothing son of Rajmata Satyavati Vichithraviriya. She of course denied to marry him, and said to them that she and Maharaj Salva were in love but when she asked her lover to marry her, that man refused to marry her and said he won't marry a girl who came as a Daan.

Enraged Amba went to Hastinapur and demanded justice and asked Bhishma to marry her as he was the one who kidnapped her. Bhishma refused to marry her as he took a path of celibacy. Amba seeked justice from Bhagwan Parashuram. Bhagwan Parashuram asked Bhishma to marry Amba or battle with him. So the infamous fight of Bhagwan Parashuram and his student Bhishma started. They both fought for twenty three days but neither was ready to back down. Then Lord Shiva intervened and asked them both to stop fighting or the world will be in danger. Mahadev gave Amba a boon that in her next life she will be reason of death for Bhishma. Amba then made a pyre and jumped and vowed she will return to kill Bhishma.

Mahadev's cannot go wrong, surely she will be the reason of Bhishma's death. For that she had to wait.

She was shook from her musings, when she saw her father stood up to say the characters that his son should have. The Senathipathi of Panchal was intently watching the things happening before her. She chuckled humourlessly, her eyes blank and murmured to herself "Let me see, how my little brother is."

Drupad was now standing in front of the yagna.

The sage said, " Maharaj the Gods are pleased with your yagna. So now ask for a son you want. Say the characters that you want for your son"

Drupad was happy, finally he is going to get a son who can avenge him. He took his sword and said

"A son should always fulfill the wishes of his father. I sacrifice my Sword, my son's Anger should be more than my ability to use sword"

As he sacrificed his sword, the fire started to rise, it burned with more intensity. The sages were shocked. The people there were watching the rising fire without blinking.

"I am sacrificing the Armour that protects my life in the battle, a courageous man should come out of this hole fire"

Drupad sacrificed his Armour in the yagna. The fire started burning with more intensity

Lastly Drupad took a dagger and slit his palm and sacrificed his blood in the the yagna and said

"A son should be born, thirst for revenge should be frozen in his blood, he should follow my order, he should kill that arrogant Dronacharya and should keep that severed head of Drona in my foot"

His words resonated in the air. As soon as he finished, the sky darkened, thunder and lightning appeared, heavy winds flew and the fire rose to 10 feet.

Everyone was waiting for the birth of their Rajkumar. A figure was forming inside the raging fire. It took a form of a man. The sages said

"Maharaj Drupad! The gods above were pleased and they gave you a son. Your son will be courageous and will shine forever so he will be known to this world as DHRISHTADYUMN. "

Drupad was elated and shouted happily "My putr DHRISHTADYUMN"

The man came out of the yagna in warrior attire. He was handsome. He was fair, he had thin lips, a sharp jawline, his eyes were dark brown like Shikandi. His body was well built, his stance was that of a warrior. He had a sword on his hands. He went towards his father and kneeled "Bless me Pitashree so that I can satisfy all your orders"

Drupad was grinning. He blessed him "Ayush man bava. Vijayi bhava putr. Now come hug your pitashree!" Dhrishtadyumn happily hugged his father.

The happy moment didn't last long.

The sages said " Maharaj! From our Punya you got your son as a prasad from Devs. In your horoscope you have been destined to get two daughters who will play a crucial role in Aryavart. Next be ready to welcome your daughters Maharaj"

Drupad was shaking with rage and yelled which shocked everyone present there, "I don't need those girls as my Daughters!"

--
So this the 2nd chapter...
Drupad doesn't want his daughters what will he do?

Stay tuned for the next chapter.
Birth of our heroine will be the next chapter.
Vote if you like!

Ramsri
xx