Chapter 29 - With Your Stuttering?

A chotisi suggestion- pichla part padhlo ek baari😗

Drishti's POV

Sitting in one of the royal carriages, I felt like we were climbing a hill. Mr. Shergill was sitting beside me, immersed in his thoughts, goggling at a piece of paper and I was getting bored.

Not that I wanted him to pay all his attention to me, but at least we could talk.

With your stuttering?

I peeked out of the glass window solely to see my reflection since it was all dark outside and we had a lamp-lit inside.

I sighed deeply and turned to the other side as I felt his eye on me.

"Are you getting bored?" He questioned still looking at that paper with his spectacles on as I turned to him.

"No...I am not."

" You sure?" He looked at me once and again resumed looking at that paper.

What's so fascinating in that paper there?

"Yeah." I almost whispered as the carriage came to halt.

He kept that paper safely in his briefcase and kept his spectacles inside a case. He climbed down the carriage and arrived via the other side, opening the door on my side.

Passing a small smile to me, he held out his hand requesting me to climb down.

I glimpsed at him once and placing my hand on his, I clambered down and we began stepping inside someplace.

I felt a current passing down my spine as he positioned his hand on my shoulder.

I looked at him and he continued to snub my looks, trying his best not to smile.

Well, his expressions were like that, not that I was assuming things.

Yeah.

We walked some distance until we reached a gorgeous and calm place, that was undoubtedly at the head of a hill. I could see the entire city blistering in pale yellow lights.

As I turned around I saw the arrangements for our dinner on the table.

Two candles were lit up with a bouquet of fresh stunning flowers. A bottle of something and two dishes were faultlessly set up. 

Well, it was getting more challenging to adjust.

He passed me a smile and strode forward dragging me by my hand

He stood in front of the table and held me with both my hands in his.

"Mm... Drishti... I know...I mean.., I can understand, in the circumstances that we got married, it's difficult for you to adjust to everything in here.. so.." He stopped and looked at me as my grasp on his hands constricted. And with a broad smile on his face, he resumed.