Chapter 1 - The Deal.

In the Year 1774, Louis XVI of the Bourbon family ascended the throne of France. Just 20 years old, and became the king, and was also married to the Austrian Princess Marie Antoinette.

At that time, France was divided into the 3 estates, The Clergies, The Nobles and The common people. The Clergies and the nobles enjoyed certain privileges and did not had to pay the tax. The burden of the tax was only on the 3rd estate.

The population of France increased rapidly.

The gap between the poor and the rich widened.

Rakshit's POV

I just hate everyone. Hate ! Complete hate ! What kind of people are they? Don't they care or pity on the others. It is such a injustice. From when this Louis XVI has ascended the throne, everything is going wrong. Just thinking about ownselfs. No one can be such a selfish monster. Oh sorry, in all this chaos , I just forgot to introduce myself,
I am Rakshit Shergil, citizen of France, Belonging to the noble estate, Son of Chetan Shergil And Mahima Shergil who are the very very very best and close friends with the Bourbon family.

We are in the u salon of our so called small mansion, discussing about the past of the France. I am just pissed of at them. My dad and some officers were discussing something and I was just like a lost puppy in the fair! Oh god ! They were speaking something, and I just heard some part which made my anger reach its peak.

" France is having bad time. When the king ascended the throne, the treasury was empty. Long years of the war had drained the financial resources of our France. Also, it need high cost for maintaining the courts, offices, palace. We have also helped the 13 American colonies to gain their Independence from our common enemy Britain, which added more than a billion livres to debt and had already risen to more than 2 billion livres . Only one option or path is left, that is to increase taxes on the 3rd estate!" Said one of the officer with a grumpy and ugly face who was extremely fair and his nerves were visible.

" Does he baths with milk everyday?" My inner self asked me. I pushed it aside and tried to recollect what he said, oh ya, he said France has worst condition. Empty treasury, blah.. ,blahh , blaahh 11 Ameri.. no no 13 American colonies, blah , blah ah ha, the only one path is left, that is to increase the taxes imposed on the 3rd estate. Ya, this is what he said, you idiot, how could you say so?
I was angry, and who couldn't be? There were 3 estates, and all the burden of paying tax was only on the 3rd estate! Why? Because they were not as rich as we are? Because their parents belonged to that estate?

I left that place leaving out the vexation caused inside me and perambulated towards my room. I was walking lost in my own thoughts, while my leg banged with something, I tripped and BOOM! I landed on the ground while he was busy giggling. I looked at his eyes, which calmed me down and smiled at him. He somehow, with his small figure helped me to get up and again started giggling silently. I picked him up and and marched to my une chambre .

Oh! I again forgot; to introduce him, he is Brewster. French Bulldog. My dad gifted him to me on my last birthday. From that day , he is been my buddy and also a partner in crime while irritating my brother and sister. His eyes are what I love, my anger which reaches to peak, goes down below the ground and calmness covers my face when I see his eyes. I always share whatever I feel and he too responds in his way, by rubbing his legs on my hands, or nodding, etc,etc. There are numerous ways in which he responds.

I walked to my room with him and placed him on his bed. I just kept my head on his tummy and he was ruffling my hair, just like my grand-mère used to do. But she passed away. But I could feel her through him. I pushed my thoughts aside and enjoyed in his embrace.