Chapter-2 Why Me?

Rakshit's POV

" Why me! Why me? Why me? Why me? Why me? Why me? Urghhhhhhhh!"

"Frérot,  4 times more ! " Shikhar, my annoying small Frérot replied.

I was confused. '4 times more? '

" Frérot, 4 times more what?"

"See, you said 'Why me?' 6 times, say it 4 more times so that it would be like you said it 10 times. You remember ,how our master used to order to write 10 times so that we can remember!" He said talking out of the blue.

" Seriously? My life is at stake and you are here joking. You can joke that doesn't mean you'll joke and joke all day round!"  I replied throwing a pillow at him. How could he? Just how!

"It is the payback time of  all the pranks you played on us with our Brewster!"  He murmured softly, but I heard it.

" He's my Brewster not ours!"

" Leave it ,  tell me, what's the problem in marrying her?"

I looked at him. Is he mad? Has he gone insane? Does he have fever? Let me check. I went towards him and kept my hand on his forehead. No! His temperature was normal.

" What are  you doing?"  He asked removing my hand from his forehead.

" Checking if you have fever or not."

"But why? I'm perfectly fine!" He replied.

" Because you asked me  what's problem in  marrying."

"So?"

" Have you fell on your head this morning? That to from staircase? Do you have injuries on your head? Or do you have short- term memory loss? "

"Na !"

" No , then do you forgot that I am just 16 years old. And you are asking me to marry someone who  I have  never seen , nor talked to? Also, I don't want to become a love-sick puppy at such a tender age!"

" You know what,"

"What?"

" The girl to whom you are gonna marry is just 15 years old !"

" So what? Wait! Whatttttttttttttttttttt??????"

" Don't scream! I don't want your voice to tear my eardrum!"

" How can she marry me?"

" What's the problem?"

" She......is...is.....just....1..15....years.....ol....old!"

"Yes!"

" How do you know?"

He widened his eyes at me and asked," Now let me ask you this question, have you fallen on your head? That too from stairs? Or do you have short-term memory loss?"

" What?"

"Yes, it is! Don't you remember, after the deal and shaking their hands and all, her so called parents said that she is just 15 years old!"

" Idiot! I stormed to my room after their confirmation of the deal!"

" Just like a storm!"  He murmured.