Chapter 3: Who Are the Obyriths?

I do not own Highschool DxD. They belong to their respective owners.

Enjoy.
_____________________________________________

"Thank you, miss."

"You're welcome, Asia-chan. After all you've been through, you deserved a little bit of tea."

That is what Akeno said as she gives tea to the nun that is Asia Argento.

After that whole debacle with Issei being assaulted by a Stray Priest after a job gone horribly wrong for the newly reincarnated Devil, they were then immediately sent to the club room to recuperate the situation.

"I can't believe a stray exorcist actually attacked one of our clients." Rias murmured, cursing her lack of foresight. "It was fortunate that Ivanhoe-san lived in the neighborhood or you would most likely be dead, Issei." Rias said to the boy, "Which reminds me..."

All eyes are now upon their resident Obyrith Lord who is now busy reading something from the book in his hand as he licked his finger and turned another page.

Sensing eyes are upon him, Anton then turned his gaze towards the book he is reading before saying, "What?"

"Don't you 'What' me? I still don't understand why are you here? Why is an Obyrith Lord doing in the human world rather than the Abyss from whence you came?" Rias said, glaring at the Obyrith Lord who just sit there and still has that emotionless expression.

Before Anton could comment and respond, he was then interrupted by Issei, "Okay, can anyone please tell me, what is an Obyrith Lord? Or why are you so scared of the guy? I mean, sure, the guy is creepy, smells bad and turned himself into black goop but I still don't know what the hell is he?" Issei questioned her.

"Me too, buchou. I, too don't know whatever he is. And to think that he would look very attractive. Who knew I would be attracted towards something so disgusting." Akeno said in disappointment.

"Same. Except for the attracted part." Kiba said as well.

Koneko doesn't respond but nonetheless, nod regardless.

Rias stuttered at she tried to give a response to her peerage but all she can do is looking down as terror gripped her expression.

"I believe your master won't be of sound mind to actually answer your questions, everyone." Anton said as he then closed his book as he stands up, "Allow me to tell you who or what I am to your newly reincarnated Baatezu. It's the last thing I can do after we are going to be on a connection with one another." Anton said as the rest of the peerage, including Asia, all looked at each other with caution before they nod and listened to him.

"Very well, then." Anton then stands up and cleared his throat before doing what anyone could see as a presentation, "As you all know, Earth has a diverse set of races that inhabited the world. The most prevalent are the Homo Sapiens, humans as they called themselves. And of course, living within the majority of humanity are the three races, the Devils, the Angels and of course, their Fallen brethren, which are the Fallen Angels actually." Anton explained.

The mentioned of Fallen Angels does make Issei frowned at this, being sore at the experience from it all while Akeno herself frown too.

"In any case, before they were Devils, they are also Demons. And that is where I began my explanation." Anton said only to see Asia is lifting her hands up, "Yes, Asia?"

"Uhm... aren't Demons and Devils, one and the same?" Asia questioned.

"No, Asia. Thought they are similar to each other and they originate from the Underworld, there are notable differences. Very notable differences, actually." Anton said, empathising the word 'differences' for her to hear.