Chapter 10

Y/N's POV

"You know Magneto, right ?" Peter asked me randomly.

"Well, I think you know the answer to that. Apparently it's being taught to schools all around the world" I said, not quite paying attention.

"What was he like ? Was he... like they say he was ? Was he the bad guy ?"

"Depends who you ask. Why do you care ?"

"He... He's my father"

"What ?!" I said turning around to face Peter.

"I didn't mean to offend you" He said.

"I-It's alright. Um... When were you born ?" I asked, scared to hear the answer.

"1955" He answered.

I sighed in relief.

"I'm sorry. I sound really rude" I said.

"It's alright. I know what happened between you and my dad... Well not the details but... you know" He said.

"Does he know ?" I asked.

"No. I don't think so"

Suddenly, a voice began speaking to us all telepathically. I recognized it instantly. It was Charles.

"Hear me inhabitants of this world. This is a message. A message to every man, woman and mutant in the world. You have lost your way. But I have returned. The day of reckoning is here. All your buildings, all of your towers and temples will fall. And the dawn of a new age will rise. For there is nothing you can do to stop what is coming. This message is for one reason alone. To tell the strongest among you. Those with the greatest power... Protect those without. That's my message to the world"

"How was Charles doing that without Cerebro ?" Hank asked.

Stryker walked towards the glass window and began talking to us.

"I know that voice ! It's Xavier, isn't it ? What's going on ?"

"We don't know !" I said.

"We don't know, bro !" Peter repeated.

We heard gunfire and screams as Stryker quickly left. A blue teen replaced Stryker in the window.

"Kurt" Hank said.

He tried talking to us but we couldn't hear him.

"What ?" We all said.

He clicked on a button and we could hear his voice, but it was distorted.

"Stay... a... way... from... the..."

"The what ?" Hank said.

"The do..."

"Get away from the door !" Raven screamed as we ran towards the wall that was the furthest away from the entrance.

The door exploded. As we ran outside, we saw Scott and another student, Jean.

"We know where the professor is" Jean said.

"Where is he ?" I asked.

"Cairo"

"I think we might have a way out of here" Scott said.

"Well, you've been busy" Raven told the students.

"We had a little help. Let's go" Scott said as he began running and we all followed.

Kurt teleported himself next to us and scared Peter.

We made it to a giant metal gate. On the other side was a plane. We opened the door and walked towards our ticket out of the facility.

"Hank, you think you can fly this thing ?" Raven asked.