Chapter 12

Y/N's POV

It had been almost a decade since the X-men became recognized by the gouvernement as heroes. Since the fight with Apocalypse, human kind had learned to control their fear of mutants.

Erik had been given an island by the government to take care of young mutants who needed help controlling their powers. Charles had convinced me to go with Erik as a way to repair our broken relationship. Luckily for my brother, his plan worked.

Erik and I were inside of our house. I looked at our community of mutants trough the window. As I looked to my left, I saw a red haired girl.

"I think Jean might be here" I said.

"Jean ?" Erik asked.

"Yes"

We walked outside. One of the mutants tried to talk to her in a threatening tone, but I stopped him.

"Leave her" I said.

"Why are you here ?" Erik asked Jean.

We walked inside the house with Jean. She hadn't said a word.

"Are you hurt ?" I asked her.

"No"

"You'll have to forgive them. They're not accustomed to uninvited guests" Erik said.

"Why don't you start at the beginning ?" I asked Jean as she sat down.

Jean stayed silent.

"Whose blood is that ?" Erik asked, noticing the stains on her shirt.

Jean stayed silent.

"Look. I'm not Charles. I can't read your mind. And I know Y/N well enough to tell she doesn't want to read your mind. Not like this"

Jean sighed.

"You hurt people. Both of you"

"It's been awhile" I said.

"But you did"

"Yes. What did you come here to ask us ?" Erik asked, slowly becoming impatient.

"How did you stop ?"

I let Erik answer her question.

"I've lived with vengeance my whole life. When I was a child, I lost everyone I loved. So, I hurt people. Yes, killed people. Killed whatever I thought would make the pain go away. It didn't. No matter how many souls I sent under. So I stopped"

"I don't know how to stop. I don't know what's happening to me. When I lose control... things happen, bad things... to people I love" Jean said, her voice shaking.

"Whose blood is that ?" Erik asked again.

"Erik..." I said, trying to stop him.

"Whose blood is that ? Isn't that why you came here ? What do you think we can do for you ?"

"I don't know" Jean said.

"Yes you do. Whose blood is that ?"

"I don't want to talk about it" Jean said as she started crying.

"Did you hurt someone, Jean ?" I asked, calmly.

"Please, I-"

"Answer the question Jean !" Erik screamed.

"Stop. You're making me angry"

"Good. I want you to be angry. Show me what happens Jean"

"I don't want to hurt you two !"