Beware My Power (1)

At the time, I was working in a big company. Although it was sometimes overwhelming, the salary wasn't that bad and it was worth it. I had my own apartment too. I owned a cat named Lucky, but it's a cat after all-it seemed like he owned me.

I was filling out paperwork when my ring flashed before my eyes.

"Not again," I said under my breath, shoving my hand in my pocket, I picked up a bag putting all the stuff I would need if something happened.

I went into one of the restrooms with a window. Once inside a stall, I opened the window, my ring changing me into my Green Lantern suit, and I flew out. As soon as I was in space, I took off my mask. I found it useless to wear it when I'm not on Earth.

I arrived at Oa and landed in front of the Guardian's commissary. Kilowog and Salaak were already there. Kilowog gave me a faint smile but his arms were still crossed.

"(Y/N) (Y/L) from Earth." Salaak bluntly announced.

I was about to say something when Hal Jordan appeared behind me and Salaak greeted him the same way.

"Salaak of some planet whose name escapes me at the moment," Hal said as I turned around. He smiled, "Always the wrong time?"

"Always," I answered, nervously shifting my weight from foot to foot. "I am in trouble with you, aren't I?"

"Don't worry, I'm sure it's nothing," Hal tried to calm me down but that's Hal Jordan for God's sake, he is always in trouble!

"Kilowog, hey, buddy!" Hal put his hand out for a fist bump but Kilowog stayed in the same position. "What's going on?"

"You'll find out soon enough, Jordan and (Y/L). Just keep it professional. And Jordan, don't look for me to bail you out this time," Kilowog said. I continued to worriedly look around. I've been here before, I've been personally called here but it was probably serious because Hal was here.

Hal and I have been friends ever since I became a Green Lantern. Hal was older than me and had always helped me around, but we seemed to go together very well and often had the same 'crazy', as Kilowog called them, ideas. I was a bit more careful than Hal though, and although I sometimes did wrong myself, it wasn't nearly as much as him. Kilowog on the other hand was the father figure in this whole thing. He was constantly saving us from a lot of the stuff we got ourselves into and was the one taking the consequences of what we had done.

"Did I leave the toilet seat up or something?" Hal made one of his smart-ass jokes and continued down the hallway as I followed.

The door opened and we saw the Guardians coming down, landing on their places.

"Hal Jordan and (Y/N) (Y/L) of Earth, Green Lanterns of sector 2814." Appa Ali Apsa spoke, his blue face scrunching up his face into a small scowl. "The viceroy of Demrax 7 claims that when we assigned you to police crucial peace negotiations, you both punched him. Is this true?"

"No, sir, I punched the viceroy in the stomach, then I head-butted him in the face, sir," Hal spoke up.

I thought for a bit before replying, "Yes, that is correct. And after Hal Jordan landed those two hits, I punched him as well."

"Look, the viceroy was a serious dirtbag, using diplomatic immunity to cover up his slave trafficking ring," Hal argued.

"The council should note that Hal Jordan's claims have since been proven true by Demrax's authorities." Ganthet protected us.

"That is not the point! These Lanterns clearly seem to revel in exceeding their authority, ignoring our orders, and making their own-" Appa was cut off by something.