Heir Apparent

I woke up and stretched. Something shifted on my chest and I realised I had fallen asleep while reading. I marked my page and placed the book aside. I was still trying to completely wake up.

I took my brush and sat on the bed. I stared at my hair for a bit before sighing. "What should I do with you?"

I brushed my way up from the bottom. I was growing tired of my hair being so long and had plans to cut it when I was on Earth, but something always got in the way. I decided to tie it in a bun for now.

As I always did, I went in the storage room. I took a cheese sandwich, which was weirdly packed. There was nobody in the dining room. I made my way to the table and sat down.

"Hello, Green Lantern (Y/N)." Aya greeted me. I glanced at her hologram.

"Good... I mean, hi, Aya!" I replied. "Where are the others?"

"In the cockpit."

"And... Why did no one wake me up?"

"Everybody woke up early. You still had some extra time to sleep."

When I finished my food, I went in the cockpit.

"Hey. Where are we going?"

"Aya detected a Green Lantern ring. We are almost there," Hal answered me.

"We might be able to bring our team up to five," Kilowog added.

We landed in what seemed to be a field on that planet. The grass was brown, looking wilted but I noticed that a lot of the things were brown.

I followed Hal and Kilowog outside. They told Razer to stay on the ship.

We walked to the buildings. We got to a giant door and I could hear voices coming behind it.

My friends opened the door. It was a big room with a staircase and a throne. We were greeted not so nicely-the guards immediately pointed their spears at us. I raised my hands. We most likely interrupted something.

"Great timing, as usual, Hal," Kilowog said.

"It's a gift."

"Hold on!" I heard someone say and looked up. "Observe their garb and manner. They are Green Lanterns and friends."

"Manner?" I whispered to myself.

We walked forward and went up the staircase.

"I am Queen Iolande. I welcome you to Betrassus."

"Dulac used to tell me stories of other Green Lanterns, but I thought they were nothing but tall tales," a guy who looked young spoke.

"This is my brother, prince Ragnar," Iolande introduced him.

"Iolande, your name sounds like a waterfall," Hal kissed the queen's hand.

"Worst line ever," Kilowog rolled his eyes.

"Where do you get these from?" I whispered to Hal, but he seemed to ignore both of us. "I'm (Y/N), those are Hal and Kilowog. We're looking for the Green Lantern here."

"Green Lantern Dulac," Iolande explained. "He has protected Betrassus for many years."

"We need his help to fight a deadly threat on the Frontier," Hal said.

"You speak of the Red Lanterns. Several of our off-planet outposts have been attacked by these vicious marauders."

"You're probably the only one strong enough to fight off the Red Lanterns," I heard how excited Ragnar was. He must be a big fan, almost reminded me of the children back on Earth.