Lost Planet

"Alright you jackwagons, sound like you mean it," Kilowog was standing in the middle of the room. "Aya."

"Present."

"Razer."

Razer just grunted.

"(Y/N)."

"No."

Kilowog furrowed his brows. "Jordan."

But Jordan didn't reply. He had made a construction, two walls and a ball, the ball bouncing off the walls. When Kilowog called for him a second time, Hal unfocused and the ball fell on his head before disappearing with the two walls. "Kilowog, there are only five of us, and we're all here."

"We may be half a universe away from Oa, but that doesn't mean we can't maintain a little discipline."

"Discipline's overrated. I called this meeting so we could assess our situation."

"Easy," Razer said. "We'll be dead within a month."

"Oh, don't be such a pessimist. How do you know? Kilowog, what do you think?" I asked him.

He sighed, "that's right. We're in deep umtec splat. Just when things look a little hopeful, we lose our newfound Green Lantern Iolande, 'cause she won't leave home. So it's three Green Lanterns fighting the entire Red Lantern invasion."

"Hey, we can find our way around. We still have each other so that's one good thing," I tried to reassure him. The team couldn't lose him.

"I guess you're right," he said, still sounding down.

"How nice, Razer's pessimism is spreading," I mumbled to myself.

"Pardon my interruption, but I've completed my search for the late Shyir Rev's power ring," Aya touched a button and Shyir's hologram appeared. "There is good news and there is bad news."

"Let's have good news," Hal said.

"The ring's signal emanates from a nearby planet."

"Outstanding! Must have found a replacement GL. Could be another recruit for us. Change course immediately."

"Okay," I dragged out the 'ay'. "May I ask what the bad news is?"

"The planet in question will be hit by that asteroid in 5.2 minutes."

As she said that, the asteroid appeared in front of the ship. It was enormous. 

"I say we blow that thing apart before it hits," Kilowog scooted his chair to the control panel.

"Due to the asteroid's huge mass, my canons will have no impact, even at full power."

"Maybe we don't need to destroy it. We just need to slow it down," Hal suggested.

The ship flew in front of the giant rock, Hal and Kilowog charging their rings as I did the same. In the control panel, there were holes made to create constructions and I placed my hand in one of them. A frame was made, but the rock continued to spin and pushed us back as the ship began shaking.

"Asteroid bearing unchanged. I cannot maintain this level of output," I glanced at Aya while she spoke then back at my ring.

"What about our personal lanterns? Can you assign extra boost from them?" Hal asked.

"Affirmative. Accessing."

The wall in front of us grew bigger, the ship not shaking as violently as it was.

"Power drum at critical level," Aya read from the hologram in front of her. 

"Shut it down," Kilowog commanded.