🎃Ghost Town part 2-Ichabod Crane x Reader🎃

Summary: After having a close encounter with the headless horseman you and Ichabod continue your investigation on the murders and find the past about yourself linked to them.

(A/N: I didn't expect to be writing 2nd part to the first one shot, but here it is. Sorry for not updating since July of last year 2021, i haven't been motivated in writing and have been dealing with family problems, so I'll be writing when given the chance. But a Victor one from Frankweenie is being done. I thought it was interesting and saw the movie again to remember everything. Please let me know if you loved it..and Justice for Johnny Depp👏🏻👏🏻)

"Ichabod." I spoke up his name a bit louder than before, he was still fast asleep. He does always looks peaceful like this and not stressing himself out.

I was the first to wake up in the pumpkin patch when I fell unconscious, Ichabod was right by my side so I hurried and called some men from town to help me carry him back to our temporary place.

"Will he be waking up soon?" A young boy, Masbath asked when he was the first to rush over Ichabod out in the field.

"He'll be alright." I reassure him.

Some men behind the boy scoffed. Others believed and didn't in the headless horseman. "He better wake up soon or we'll never get rid of the thing."

I turned to the many angrily having enough of some people being ungrateful. "We're doing all we can since no one in this town had the guts to even investigate it, you should be grateful that we're doing this dangerous job! Ichabod will be up and running once he's awake."

Angrily I had told the man who deemed surprised by my sudden outburst. He tilted his hat and muttered a "Sorry ma'am."

Each of them began to head out of the room I was in the second they did that Ichabod rose up from the bed panting a bit. I reached my arms out and wrapped them around him, i felt his breathing slowly turning back to normal.

His soft hands landed on my back holding me gently, slowly I looked back into his warm colored eyes.

"Was it the nightmares again?" I whisper concerned for him.

There was a time where his nightmares would disappear but they would always come back to haunt him.

Ichabod slowly nodded his head staring down at his lap. I smiled warmly at him and reached down to grab his hand and gently traced the scars on his palm, "Nothing will happen to you alright? I promised to protect you ever since we got married."

"Right! married..I always seem to forget that we are tied together." He chuckled softly often forgetting that we are husband and wife since he always says that being with me is like the first time we met.

I fought the urge to laugh at his awkwardness at times and simply ran my hand up his curls and stood up from the bed. I began to dig through my things and noticed Ichabod already drinking the tea I made for him.

"Curious. You know I found something while we were out, I believe it's from the last person who encountered that thing."

I begin to tell him and showed him the leather notebook I found hidden under a few leaves and branches.

"By thing you d-don't mean the horsemen?" Ichabod stuttered making me smile at myself.

"Correct! I also believe someone was trying to hide this from others. Hear this, I've come to realize that the headless horseman was a mercenary from the Revolutionary War, I've seen the man riding a black strong steed, the man indeed as locals say has no head."

I noticed Ichabod quickly fisting the sheets he held, also noticing him a bit more paler that usual. "You are having way too fun with this, (Y/N) Crane."