Four - Other Friends

Balloon's POV:

I walk up to the blue haired boy. Looked like his hair was also 2 colors: A blue and a lighter blue as well. Cool!

"Hey!" I say, walking up to him.

"Oh, Helloooo!! ^^" He says cheerfully.

"I'm Balloon! What about you?" I say.

"Goo!" He says with a friendly, cheerful smile on his face.

I smiled, hoping that we would become good friends, at least.

I looked over behind Goo, and saw Nickel. Ugh. Not him.

"Hey Goo, I just have some, uh, business to take care of for a second..! Heh" I say, walking away from him, trying my best to avoid Nickel.

I wave goodbye to Goo, and then bump into someone.

She had purple hair with a ponytail dyed a yellow so bright, it looked like it was glowing.

"O-Oh! Sorry, that was completely my fault! I wasn't looking where I was going!" I say, looking at the girl that was only slightly taller than me.

"It's fine, dear. You weren't looking at where you were going" She said in a calm voice. She then walked away towards some guy that looked wayyyy too posh and fancy.

I then walked forward, hoping not to bump into any more people. I then feel something trip me.

I stumble a little, catching myself before I crash onto the ground, but when I look down, I see...

THE FLOOR HAS A GOSH DARN FACE ON IT!?!?

"WHAT THE-" I get cut off by the face on the floor.

"It's alright, don't freak out, just watch where you're stepping" he says. He then disappears.

Weird, I thought to myself.

I look up and see.. the man himself.

Nickel...

I was JUST trying to avoid him. Guessing that didn't work.

"Oh, come on.." I mumble.

No P.O.V:

Nickel heard Balloon mumble his iconic "Oh, come on" and rolled his eyes.

"You can't get enough of that phrase, can you?" Nickel says.

Balloon looked to the side in a worried-annoyed expression, and took a tiny step back. Unfortunately, Nickel had noticed Balloon moving back.

"Leaving so soon, scaredy cat?" Nickel says, smirking. "Or were you thinking about touching me again?" He then says with an annoyed look on his face, no longer smirking.

Balloon tensed and looked at Nickel with embarrassment.

"It wasn't like that! It was on accident, Nickel!!" Balloon says.

"Alright, alright I don't care. It's fun using it against you, crybaby." Nickel says.

Balloon let out a "hmph!" and crossed his arms, turning the other way.

"Hey, what about your little girlfriend? Huh?" Nickel says after a short moment of silence. "Suitcase, was it?"

"Not my girlfriend. She was an actual friend. Probably my first ever true friend." Balloon said. It was true, suitcase was really just his friend. Just because he was friends with a girl doesn't mean that was someone he was destined to be with.

"No wonder. You weirdos have to stick together, amirite?" Nickel says, with an annoying grin.

"Just shut up, Nickel-" Balloon quickly realized what he had just said.

"Oh no.." Balloon mumbled.

Nickel brought his hands into a fist and clenched them.

"What did you say? I didn't quite hear you..." Nickel said, walking slowly towards Balloon.

"N-nothing! Nothing to worry about Nickel! I-I'm sorry!!" Balloon says, backing away and then running, his useless slippers slapping against the dry sand as Nickel chased him, yelling.

Because of his height, Nickel surprisingly gained up on Balloon quickly, and then jumped onto him, pinning Balloon onto the ground.

Balloon was panting, with sand in his hair (again). Nickel was on top of him, gripping his arms and holding Balloon down with his own legs.

"Repeat. That. Again." Nickel said forcefully.

Balloon took a breather, and then said slowly:

"Shut. UP!"

Balloon then jumped on top of Nickel, locking his arms and legs together so Nickel wouldn't escape from his grasp. At this point, Balloon could be mistaken for hugging Nickel instead of keeping him in place.

"LET ME GO!!" Nickel screamed, squirming and trying to get out of Balloon's grasp on him.

"Not until you learn how to actually be nice to me!" Balloon screamed. "Or at least learn to tolerate me!"

"Then I guess I'll be here for god knows how many years! IM NOT EVER BEFRIENDING YOU MONSTER!" Nickel screamed, squirming and kicking even more.

Balloon then picked Nickel up like he was a baby, except Nickel was hanging over his shoulder.

"HEY! PUT ME DOWN!" Nickel said, punching Balloon's back.

Balloon then picked Nickel up under his arms and held him up in front of him. He then dropped him into a nearby bush.

Nickel got out and started shouting at Balloon, jumping towards him.

At this point, Nickel was really close to Balloon's face.

They then hesitated for a moment, staring at each other, their eyes only centimeters away from each other's.

They didn't do anything, just stared.

Until Nickel blinked, and then grunted, rubbing his eyes.

He then turned around away from Balloon, and didn't even look back at him before walking away.

That was weird... Balloon thought to himself.