Chapter 3

Steve's PoV

Steve McGarrett strode through the airport looking all around him as he went. He had just found out that his Sister had booked a ticket on the next flight to San Francisco and wanted to get to the gate before the flight left. He was determined that she wasn't leaving the island and if she was she was going to have to give him a good explanation as to why. He couldn't believe she had just left him a note saying she was going, it wasn't like her and he needed to find out was going on. She must have known that he would do everything in his power to track her down despite her plea for him not to.

Beside him was Detective Danny Williams his Partner at Hawaii Five-0 and one of his closest friends. Danny had insisted on coming with him as he saw Anne as a little Sister and wanted to know what had happened in the last 24 hours that would make her want to leave Hawaii.

'Will you slow down please' asked Danny 'The flight has been delayed and doesn't leave for another 90 minutes. We've got plenty of time'

'I need to find her Danny. I need to find out what's so bad that she feels she has to get on the first plane off the island without talking to me first. I can't let her get on that plane'

'I get that, I don't want her leaving either but searching the airport at 100mph isn't helping. Look she has to be here, she can't have gone anywhere else. We know she came through security and there aren't that many places she can go through here. Besides she has to come to the gate if she wants to get on the plane'

'I'm gonna call her again. Listen for her phone will you'

'Airport full of thousands of people and I'm gonna hear your Sister's ringtone' Steve threw him an exasperated look at his remark 'Alright alright I'll listen out for it'

Steve wasn't surprised that Anne didn't answer her phone, she hadn't done it the other hundred times he had called why would she now. He knew she wasn't answering because she thought he would track her phone (and she was right) but he was hoping to catch her in a moment of weakness. Unfortunately she was sticking to her guns and not answering her phone, or responding to messages. In fact since she had last been in the house she hadn't used her phone at all.

When Steve and Danny finally arrived at the gate they found out that Anne had been there, but hadn't been seen since being assessed by the Airport Doctor. That piece of information shocked Steve given he hadn't even been aware that his Sister had been injured at any point. It also made him more determined to find her before she got on the plane.

'Did she say how she injured her eye?'

'No Sir she didn't. All I can tell you is that she was seen by the Airport Doctor who assessed her as fit to fly, although she hasn't provided us with the certificate as yet'

'Did she seem upset? anxious? unwell?'

'Sir I can't give you any information on her well-being. I understand that you are concerned, but I can't share any information without your Sister's consent'

'I understand, but anything you can tell me would be appreciated. I don't know what's happened to her and she won't answer my calls'

'Would you like me to put a call out over the tannoy asking her to come to the gate?'

'That would be great'

'Of course' she smiled 'Would passenger Anne McGarrett travelling on flight UA396 to San Francisco please report to a member of staff at gate 15'

'Thank you. I take it we can wait here in case she arrives'

'That's not a problem. I can page her again if needed'

The pair sat at the gate for the next half an hour, but there was no sign of Anne. Steve wondered if she knew he was there, but couldn't work out how she would know. All he knew was that he wasn't leaving until he saw her whether she was happy with that or not.

The gate agent paged Anne again but she still didn't appear. Steve was becoming increasingly worried about her, especially since he now knew that she was injured. He tried calling her again, but to no avail. He even called Kono to get her to track Anne's phone again, but it didn't work as she hadn't been using it and had turned her location services off.

'I'm going to grab a coffee, do you want one?' asked Danny

'Yeah that would be great. Can you do me a favour and keep an eye out for Anne just in case she's at a different gate or in one of the shops' Steve asked although he already knew the answer.

'No problem. I'll even let you know if I find her' he smiled and then headed off in the search of a much needed coffee.