Chapter 5

'Hey Steve I found something that you've been looking for' Danny grinned

Anne watched as her Brother looked up at the sound of his friends voice. His eyes then moved onto her, moving over her entire body as if checking for injuries. When his eyes landed on the cut above her eye his face fell into a frown, although he didn't say anything. He then got up, walked over to his Sister and wrapped his arms around her kissing her head. Anne winced in pain as he hugged her, but managed to keep him from noticing, at least she hoped he hadn't noticed.

'Are you ok?' he asked once he had let her go 'what happened?'

'It's nothing really. I'm ok just tired'

'How'd you get the cut above your eye?'

Before Anne could answer an announcement came over the tannoy stating that her flight was now boarding.

'That's not important. Look I have to go otherwise I'll miss my flight' Anne said, but as she tried to move past her Brother he stopped her 'Steve please let me past'

'I'm not moving until you tell me what's happens that's made you want to get on the first plane off the island. You tell me that and I'll think about letting you leave'

'I can't tell you, I want to but I can't' Steve didn't move at his Sister's response 'Please just trust me on this' she pleaded 'I really need to go'

'I can't do that' he said folding his arms over his chest whilst looking expectantly at his Sister. When she didn't respond his face softened 'Sweetheart I can see that you're scared and I wanna help you, but I can't do that if you don't tell me what's wrong' Anne didn't respond, she didn't know how 'At least come home with me tonight and we can talk about this. There is no way I'm letting you out of my sight when you look like that'

Anne reluctantly agreed to go with her Brother. She knew it would be what was happening anyway and thought better of having a long argument with him about it. Steve told the staff that she wouldn't be getting on the flight and they let him know she could change her ticket when she was ready.

As they walked through the airport Anne couldn't help but wonder if she would actually get off the island. She knew she had to, but at the same time knew she wouldn't if her Brother had anything to do with it.