Chapter 7

Anne's POV

Anne barely got any sleep that night between dreams of what had happened, and what could happen, and being in pain. She gave up trying to sleep around 5am and went about trying to find where her Brother had put her bag. Once she had located it she finally grabbed some painkillers and decided to head for a shower in the hopes it would make her feel more human.

Once she felt slightly more human Anne grabbed herself a mug of tea and headed outside to watch the sunrise. As she sat there she thought about everything that had happened the day before from her argument with Kyle to returning home with Steve. She wasn't sure what was going to happen next, but she knew whatever it was it wasn't going to be easy.

Anne had no idea how long she had been sitting there when she heard her Brother coming out to join her. He had a coffee in his hands and looked like he had had about as much sleep as she had.

'Morning, how did you sleep?' he asked

'Honestly?' he nodded 'Not great, but I'll get there'

'You want to share what prevented you getting a decent nights sleep?'

'Not really. Have you ever noticed how relaxing it is just watching the sun come up, especially with the sounds of the sea in the background?' she asked trying to change the subject but it didn't work

'We need to talk about what happened' Steve stated ignoring his Sister and fixing her with a look that said your not leaving until you tell me everything. Despite that Anne tried to downplay the events of the day before.

'There is nothing to talk about. I told you I want to tell you, but I can't. Other than that there is nothing else to talk about'

'There is plenty to talk about. Let's start with why you weren't going to tell me you were going?'

'What do you want me to say? I knew you'd try and stop me if I told you. I needed to go, I still do'

'Did you really think I would get your note and just let you leave?'

'I was kind off hoping I would manage to get on the plane before you figured out where I was. I kinda forgot you worked for team who can find just about anyone in seconds' she smiled 'Why did you stop me?'

'Are you serious? You suddenly decide to up and leave and expect me to be ok with that'

'I don't know Steve. I guess I figured it would be easier if I left. I still think, actually I know, it will be easier if I leave'

'Yeah well that's not happening unless you can give me a fantastic reason as to why you need to leave' Anne didn't say a word instead she took an interest in a thread that was hanging from her top 'Anne you're my little Sister it's my job to protect you and if I let you go I can't do that. I promise you that I will do everything in my power to protect you, but I need you to help me to do that. Can you do that for me?' Anne remained silent 'I can't help you if you won't talk to me'

Anne couldn't look her Brother in the eyes, she didn't know what to do. Part of her wanted to tell him what had happened, the other part remembered the threat her boyfriend had made which made her not want to say anything. As she internally fought with herself she felt her Brother put his fingers under her chin lifting her head up so she met his eyes. As she met his gaze she felt her determination not to say anything waiver and her eyes start to fill.

'Oh sweetheart' he said wiping a tear from her cheek 'Please talk to me'

'I'm scared Steve' she admitted after what seemed like an eternity 'I don't know what to do. If I stay here I don't know what will happen'

'I promise you nothing will happen to you'

'You can't promise that' she stated matter of factly 'You can't be with me 24/7'

'Trust me neither me or the team will let anything happen to you. Besides I can have someone with you 24/7 if that's what's needed' Anne looked at him unconvinced 'I can phone Danny and ask him if you want'

'You don't need to do that, I believe you' she half smiled

'Then tell me what happened'

'If I tell you and something happens will you let me go?' she reasoned

'No' he stated matter if factly 'if something happens I won't even let you out of my sight'

'Funny'

'I'm not joking. Now talk'

Anne took a deep breath and prepared herself to tell her Brother what had happened. She could feel herself getting more anxious and thought about backtracking, but realised she didn't have a choice.