Chapter 5

Vic was walking up to the Beanery to such a commotion. She could kind of hear people taking bets, the loudest person was definitely Theo which made her laugh to herself.

"20 bucks on two girls." Theo yelled. "If it's any other way, I will tell the OB she is wrong."

Maya scoffed jokingly at the remark from the Lieutenant. "I think my wife is a better OB than you'd ever be!"

"Um.." Vic eventually waddled into the room, Travis immediately standing up and helping her over to the table. "What are we placing bets on exactly?"

"The sexes of Travis and Emmett's babies. Theo is the only one to think two girls, Maya, Jack, Sullivan and I think two boys, and Travis thinks it's gonna be one boy and one girl." Andy went around the room whilst holding an old 19 helmet in her hand. "The people who get it right have to buy them a gift each."

All Vic did was watch the team argue about the babies and she laughed so hard she of course needed to pee, so she got up and dragged herself to the bathroom. As she walked through the locker room, she realised how much she missed working. She missed her beginning-of-shift locker talks with the team, stumbling to bed at 3 am after a long call and then being awoken two hours later for another one - she even missed the sleepless nights. She just missed the adrenaline.

She knew she'd be back soon, but boy, did she miss it.

She was knocked out of that train of thought when she finally made it back from the bathroom into the beanery again.

"Okay, we're gonna have to hurry up if we're gonna make it to this appointment on time..." Travis stood up. "We will update you all later." He and Vic waved goodbye to the team and walked down the stairs and out of the station.

When they made it to the car park, Travis had a thought. "Wait, did you walk here?" He turned to Vic who was so out of breath from walking down those stairs.

"Yes..." She said shamefully, feeling the annoyed eyes on her. "Okay, Emmett was out. I still need to get in my exercise somehow! It's not that far - then again, everything does feel a little further when you're growing two babies in you."

"You're lucky I love you." He shook his head whilst smiling.

They drove together in Travis's car to Grey Sloan, which could have been a walk, to be fair. But of course, always-anxious Travis needed some peace of mind knowing that Vic would be given a clean bill of health at her appointment. Plus, he needed to be in a good mood. He was going to find out the sexes of his children. It was a big step.

They met with Emmett in the waiting room on the OB floor. "Hey." Travis kissed his husband, sensing some anxiety floating around. "Are you nervous?" He stepped back and tilted his head.

"A little." Emmett shrugged his shoulders and then made his way over to Vic who had just finished checking in at the reception desk. "I'm sorry you had to walk to the station - some Crisis One stuff came up last minute."

"No, it's all good. I got some exercise in!" She smiled, crossing her arms in an act of waiting to be called in.

The trio sat there for a few minutes, practically in silence. They were all nervous. So, Vic decided to break it by having a little fun. "The station are pretty divided on the sexes of your kids." She stated, looking at Emmett.

"Please, it's been a heated debate every time it's brought up. Theo's the only one to think it's gonna be two girls." Travis recounted the whiteboard that had been designated to Travis and Emmett's babies. It had the pool of the sexes, votes on when they're gonna arrive, and even name suggestions. Emmett had seen the board a few times and it made him laugh every time. But, the sex discussion was new to him.